“Terrible pity to see it close.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Brasserie, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Terrible pity to see it close.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was one of our very favourite restaurants in Dublin.

What a terrible shame to see such a well run and excellent restaurant bite the dust. Martina Fox is one of the restaurant worlds greatest hostesses and you were always assured of a warm, friendly, smiling greeting. It really was a wonderful place to eat and for sure one of the nicest atmospheres in the whole of Ireland to have a meal.

We will miss this and we wish Martina all the very best in her future.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“Was always great..... Such a pity to see it closed now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Bridge bar and grill has been my favourite spot to dine in Dublin for 5 years, you were always GAURANTEED a warm friendly welcome and great service from the moment you entered until you left. The restaurant was just getting better and better with every passing year, and always felt like a home from home because everyone took the time to chat to you, remember your favourite tipple, how you liked your staek cooked etc so It was with great sadness that I read the notice on the door last night which stated that due to circumstances beyond their control the restaurant was no longer open.... Another great restaurant bites the dust. I wish the management and staff of Bridge all the very best in the future and I hope to god they treat us with their culinary service and hospitality expertise in a new spot very soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Quite nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We dined here recently before a show in the theatre. The service was very good. The lady serving us (not Martina Fox) was very friendly and professional. The food was nice, although the pear in the pear & blue cheese salad didn't really add much flavour and the duck for the main course was a touch overcooked. The panna cotta for dessert was real highlight of the meal.

Visited August 2013
cork,ireland
“Pre theatre mini meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Dined at this lovely venue prior to taking in a musical but was very disappointed with the food and service considering that I had chosen this gasto pub having read a number of good reviews. Overall the food was lacking in quantity and in quality and the service was slow and delivered by different waiters . I had the risotto verde which was rice loaded with peas presented in an oriental bowl while my fellow diners had the sea bream on a bed of beans which they found was unappetising and flavourless. The starters of duck and black pudding croquettes were equally disappointing. It took over twenty minutes from ordering desserts to us getting the courage to cancell our order as curtain up was in fifteen minutes . We had spent over 90 minutes at the table and had made it clear to our waiters that we were having the pre theatre menu to ensure that we were in our seats before the start of the show. The decor and location is great but the dining experience is poor. A pity as this pub has a niche theatregoers market on its doorstep waiting to be wooed!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Having really enjoyed pre-theatre dinner here on several occasions we were very disappointed with our meal. My starter of glazed beets was a triumph of presentation over flavour.
Both of us had sea bream with squid chorizo and a ragout. My squid was "grizzley" which I think means not fresh ,my partner could not find any chorizo and the ragou looked and tasted like tinned beans.
After two courses I was still hungry,which never happened to me before as I am not a big eater so had to order desert which was just OK. My partner had Creme brulee which she enjoyed.
Service was patchy with no one waiter dealing with us which made the dining experience not very satisfactory.

Visited September 2013