“Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Really enjoyed our experience of the Bridge Bar. Loved the location, layout and decor inside. The beautiful elegant hostess was so friendly and welcoming to us on our arrival, it just set the tone for the whole evening, which felt very special and sophistocated. We enjoyed cocktails at the bar before sitting down to our 7 course taster menu. It's a wonderful opportunity to try things that you might shy away from if ordering as a main course on a normal night out to dinner. We had gorgeous wine, well recommended by one of our very friendly servers and the food was divine. We were given time between courses to soak up the atmosphere, enjoy each others' company all the while being entertained by the great singer doing all the rat pack tunes. Dancing was also encouraged! All in all it was a fantastic night - the staff, the food, the ambience, the entertainment, the whole experience was excellent and I would highly recommend it to anyone and will definitely be back! Thank you to all at Bridge Bar.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Bringing my mother back from a visit to the Dail on Culture Night, we got caught in traffic and decided to stop here for dinner. Arrived early around 6pm so no booking required. Interesting area under arches of railway and decorated in red with clever use of mirrors - reminded my mother of nightclubs in Paris! We both had Goats cheese - which was fine and different from normal - quite cold and very creamy. Main was cod with butter beans and churzio(?) Spanish sausage, which gave a strong interesting taste to the meal. Pesto also featured which we both like. Side order of French Fries were excellent. We both enjoyed the meal and skipped the traffic.

Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Love the staff & food is pretty good too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I eat here all the time with my work mates. Very good for an after dinner drink as well in their new patio area. Only thing I would say is that they should bring more of the lunch speacials back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“A hidden gem - seek it out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My sister had hired this venue for a private lunch function late last year and it was a fantastic occasion. So I decided to return, when it was an ordinary day, in an ordinary week.

Four of us went on a Tuesday night in May, one of them being my sister, so we did get a really warm welcome but I get the feeling they welcome everyone like that, its that kind of place. It feels like family. I had the prawns pil-pil to start (I wanted to feel like I was on holidays!) Prawns simply cooked with chill and garlic, a winning combination. But I was tempted by the Clogerhead crab, saffron aioli, garlic croute, baby leaves which sounded so fresh. One of the others had it and judging by the silence as they ate. it was as good as it sounded. Main, well two of the group decided on the porterhouse ( served for two) and it was, well, a big chunk of meat, which they launched into with gusto. I had the fish of the day, monkfish,delicate and delicious, served in a crab & ginger dim sum, asparagus & tomato consomme, garden peas. It was as good as it sounded. Dark chocolate pot de creme, pistachio biscotti was the dessert of choice, though one renegade had the Banana pain perdu, caramelized banana, banana bread, butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream. Of course the rest of us had to try it, for comparison purposes. They were both yummy.

Its not in the middle of things, nor is it off the beaten track but it is worth visiting. It offers a short but tempting menu and the people are fantastic and welcoming. Enjoy

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“another good place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had dinner here with friends and family (7 of us) - prior to going to see Phantom of the Opera on Friday 27th July. We all had the early bird which was great value and the food was beautiful. was my first time here and it will not be my last. Standard of the Food and service was excellent. The early bird menu was good value and was in the region of 20 euro for 2 course or 25 euro for 3 course.

• Visited July 2012