“Love the staff & food is pretty good too!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Grill, Brasserie
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Love the staff & food is pretty good too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I eat here all the time with my work mates. Very good for an after dinner drink as well in their new patio area. Only thing I would say is that they should bring more of the lunch speacials back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“A hidden gem - seek it out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My sister had hired this venue for a private lunch function late last year and it was a fantastic occasion. So I decided to return, when it was an ordinary day, in an ordinary week.

Four of us went on a Tuesday night in May, one of them being my sister, so we did get a really warm welcome but I get the feeling they welcome everyone like that, its that kind of place. It feels like family. I had the prawns pil-pil to start (I wanted to feel like I was on holidays!) Prawns simply cooked with chill and garlic, a winning combination. But I was tempted by the Clogerhead crab, saffron aioli, garlic croute, baby leaves which sounded so fresh. One of the others had it and judging by the silence as they ate. it was as good as it sounded. Main, well two of the group decided on the porterhouse ( served for two) and it was, well, a big chunk of meat, which they launched into with gusto. I had the fish of the day, monkfish,delicate and delicious, served in a crab & ginger dim sum, asparagus & tomato consomme, garden peas. It was as good as it sounded. Dark chocolate pot de creme, pistachio biscotti was the dessert of choice, though one renegade had the Banana pain perdu, caramelized banana, banana bread, butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream. Of course the rest of us had to try it, for comparison purposes. They were both yummy.

Its not in the middle of things, nor is it off the beaten track but it is worth visiting. It offers a short but tempting menu and the people are fantastic and welcoming. Enjoy

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“another good place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had dinner here with friends and family (7 of us) - prior to going to see Phantom of the Opera on Friday 27th July. We all had the early bird which was great value and the food was beautiful. was my first time here and it will not be my last. Standard of the Food and service was excellent. The early bird menu was good value and was in the region of 20 euro for 2 course or 25 euro for 3 course.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Have visited here a number if times this year, mainly for lunch or an early dinner and have always enjoyed it. The menu is just right - short and perfectly formed. The meals are always well presented and the staff very rfficient. The wine list equally good and some very nice stuff by the glass for those who don't have the time for a full bottle. Quite a romantic venue but some tables a little too close if you want a very personal chat! The bar area is nice for a ore meal drink too. The only downside is the place is a bit chilly - comes from being in a railway arch and beside a canal! Highly recommended and I look forward to my next visit when we will hopefully have more time and stay for longer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork
“Surprise venue under a railway bridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Literally built into a Dublin DART railway bridge.

The specials were exceptionally good. In fact the chicken from the standard menu was nowhere near as good as any of the specials and we got the feeling they put all their effort into the specials.

Visited April 2012