“Fine food, lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 1,797 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Continental
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Munich, Germany
“Fine food, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had our wedding in Beaufield Mews and it was perfect. Sarah helped us the way with kindness and patience, and we had the best food, wines, reception we could have wish for! The place is full of charm and the garden are just fantastic!!
Very welcoming, very clean, always smiling:) you just feel home and treated like a king at the same time!!!
Can't recommend it enough!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BeaufieldMews, Owner at Beaufield Mews, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. Sarah is a gem! I hope you will have very happy memories in the years to come.

88% Recommend
“very nice day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

we had a christening dinner here in the loft.the staff were ultra friendly and the service was great. 16 people dining from a la carte menu and all served within a couple of minutes of each other which was great.the food was excellent and the setting was nice.A bit pricey but was more than happy with the value and it was justified on this occassion.Everyone loved it.
all in all an wonderful evening and I would definately do it again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BeaufieldMews, Owner at Beaufield Mews, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and lovely comments. The chefs will be delighted to hear such positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back here.
Dublin, Ireland
“Somewhere between Average and Very Good; 3.5 stars...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Despite the fact that Beaufield Mews is VERY close to when I live I had never eaten there before last Thursday night. We were there as part of a Conference so I don't know if the experience we had matches what the 'normal' diner would experience.

It looked like the Beaufield Mews had been block booked for our party as must of us were seated at very long tables. Luckly for us we had, what appeared to be, the only round table in our dining area so at least the 8 of us were able to have a conversation with each other. The service was fine and the food was good but we had very limited choice. Starters were cold, a choice of something with Pear in it or Chicken Terrine. I had the Chicken Tierrine which was ok - I think the two little discs on the plate would have looked more pleasing to the eye if there had been 3 pieces. The main course was a disappointing choice of Salmon or Pork (personally I'm not a fan of either so picked Pork). The main course was served with Boiled Baby Potatoes and Shredded White Cabbage (again, there was very little imagination used here). For dessert I had the Chocolate Creme Brulee which I found too choclatey! Choice of Tea or Coffee - in and out.

It must be difficult to cater for large numbers but in fairness if Beaufield Mews advertises itself as 'Dublin's Oldest Restaurant' they should have more experience and expertise at this stage. Overall, I'd score Beaufield Mews Somewhere between Average and Very Good; 3.5 stars...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BeaufieldMews, Owner at Beaufield Mews, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your comments, they are most helpful. For large functions of 100 guests it is important that we don't offer too extensive a menu however we also had a beautiful vegetarian option on that you could have availed of. The functions take place in our Coachhouse restaurant opening up into the gardens, which I hope you got to experience.
Our Loft Brasserie upstairs is set amongst wooden beams, open fire and old crystal chandeliers and offers a very extensive menu with lots of fresh fish. seafood, steaks & platters which I think might suit you better.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here whilst staying in a nearby hotel, had a spot of difficulty finding the place, but after a phone call to John, we got there in the end.

The ambience of this place is amazing, John and paddy who were working that night were amazing, the food was amazing.

It's so nice to be made to feel at home, not rushed, even though it was getting late, we even got a quick tour of this fantastic restaurant and a brief history of how it came to be from an old coach house. We were even given tips on where to o around the area.

I know I've said it before, but John and paddy were brill, and the food was excellent, both in taste and value, as they do 2 courses for €20 or 3 for €25.

So my advice to all who live near or far, get down there ASAP!!

BeaufieldMews, Owner at Beaufield Mews, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. John & Paddy are one of a kind, extremely friendly and very welcoming, we'd be lost without them!
We look forward to welcoming you back.
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Beaufield Mews is a hidden gem. I have lived in Dublin and had never heard of this place until my friend had his wedding reception here recently. After that, it is I have been hearing, "Beaufield Mews this, Beaufield Mews that". Well, all I can say is the chatter is justified. It is an excellent restaurant and a beatiful building. The food is lovingly prepared and boasts some of the finest Irish ingredients. The staff were very welcoming, almost like visiting family and were more than capable of dealing with a room full of toddlers. They also have a decent selection of Irish craft beers, which is always welcome in my book. While it may not be the most central location, it is easily accessible by bus from the city centre. On the fence? Get off it and go eat!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BeaufieldMews, Owner at Beaufield Mews, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Wow, what an amazing review, thank you so much. Delighted that you enjoyed it so much.
We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.