We stayed in the Ivy Exchange Apartments for a concert in Croke Park - mainly due to lack of other options available and its good location.
When we arrived at approximately 3pm (check-in is from 2.30) we navigated our way to the key safeboxes on the second floor, only to find that ours was empty. We decided to head on up to the apartment and see if there was anyone about - and found the cleaner still in there. She apologised profusely for the inconvenience and finished up within 5 minutes. Whilst we waited for the maid to finish it was impossible not to notice the smell of the hallways and the very soiled state of the carpets.
When we got into the apartment it was noticeable immediately that the place was generally in a state of disrepair and a bit grubby looking. However with two balconies and two on-suites for the bedrooms it seemed more than forgiveable.
It was only once we started looking more closely we saw how filthy nearly everything was. The floors in the double bedroom and its bathroom were dirty and sticky underfoot. The dishwasher had dirty dishes still in it. I also found it very strange that there was only one small bin for the entire apartment - with 4 adults comfortably staying there it seems less than adequate. The fridge and microwave were both full of crumbs and dirt. In the twin room we discovered a large yellow patch on one of the bedsheets.
I was also awoken at 4am by an alarm going off somewhere in the building for a long period of time. Needless to say I did not sleep well after that.
It goes without saying that we'll not be back, despite the handy location and spacious apartment.
Such a wasted property.
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Exchange Apartments Hotel Dublin
- Ivy Exchange Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finished to an impressive standard the Ivy Exchange Apartments in Dublin City Centre provide the visitor with a home from home. We offer a selection of 4 one bedroom (sleeps 2) and 18 two bedroom (sleeps 4) and 1 three bedroom (sleeps 5) self catering apartments which come fully furnished with bed linen and towels also provided. All apartments also come with fully-equipped kitchens, washer/dryer, microwave oven, TV/DVD players and lounge/dining area. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure the Ivy Exchange Apartments offer you the perfect alternative to hotel accommodation. Offering almost twice the size of a standard hotel room these apartments provide our guests everything associated with comfort and convenience. It is an ideal choice for groups and families as our per person sharing rates offer excellent value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Ivy Exchange Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.