Our Family spent 2 nights at the Castle. We have travelled all over the world, and I have to say that this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed. First of all, we were travelling with our grown children and we forgot to reserve a double room. When we got to the hotel we found out that they were assigned a king room. Even though the hotel was sold out, the front desk somehow found them a double. Breakfast was excellent, and the we ate dinner one night at the Gallery Bar and the food and service (James I think) was superb. The location is amazing, take time to walk around and enjoy them. The grounds are very tastefully accentuated with beautiful bronze statues. The castle has great rooms that are perfect for having an Irish whisky while reading in front of a fireplace. Also, if you have time, take a day trip to the cliffs at Slieve League. It is similar to the Cliffs of Moher without the crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is an historic castle dating to the 15th century and the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel