“Hen party girlies” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Derry, United Kingdom
“Hen party girlies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a great time, 24 girlies booked out the manor for the day to make afternoon tea in the cookery school and have a tea party. Sian and the team couldn't have been more helpful and were extremely patient and flexible with all of us. Cookery class was brilliant, rooms were fantastic and breakfast the next morning was just what was needed after a night out in Donegal town!
Would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here just for an overnight recently and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated and very comfortable, the location was perfect for our stay - it is close by to any number of beautiful walks.
The host was friendly, helpful and very warm.
I had the homemade pancakes for breakfast and it was clear that lots of thought and care was put into the breakfast selection, a great start to the day.
I would recommend Donegal Manor highly.

Stayed September 2013
ennis ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and I have to say the welcome and service by the owners was so warm. Donegal Manor is spotless clean, with a very warm homely feel. The breakfast is superb, with a good selection to choose from. The only draw back is - that it is not in the centre of Donegal town. Nevertheless, I would recommend the Donegal Manor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here on the 15th and 16th of August. Very easy to find nicely located just outside Donegal Town a few minutes away. I dont have one complaint about my stay here. All was good from the room and Bathroom to the nice Irish breakfasts I had on both Morning. Michael the Owner is very friendly and accommodating. His wife actually took the time to draw me a map on the best route from their place to Belfast..turn out it was perfect too. I found the service here a lot better than the Lough Eske Castle up the road. Great place alround if your going to Donegal don't miss out on this 5 star bargain.. Bernard Courtney Dublin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent one night here and really enjoyed our stay. The manor was just off the main road, N15, about 2km east of the Donegal Town city centre. Don't rely on your GPS to get you to it. If you plug in Clar Road (from Kerry), it will suggest you turn off before you get to the manor. Go past the Clar Road turn off and the manor will be on your left. Even though it's right on the N15, the traffic noise is not at all distracting, and we enjoyed hearing the sheep bleating from across the road. Our room was on the third floor and there was no lift, but we were offered help with our suitcases if we needed it. The city centre was not quite within walking distance, but street parking in town was not a problem. We were asked to select our breakfast choices and seating time the night before. Marie, our breakfast hostess, was very personable and the pancakes, bananas and bacon were delicious. We would happily stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just back from a stay here so good my husband and I took both our parents to Donegal for a short stay and had a fantastic time the rooms are of a standard of a 5 Starr hotel and the service was the same breakfast was amazing,met Michael on arrival who welcomed us to our stay as it is so close to the town we got a taxi in which only cost 6 euro's for the trip Michael arranged this for us no trouble at all , we will definitely be back .
Jennifer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sian B, Owner at Donegal Manor, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for such a fabulous and uplifting review. We are delighted that you and your family had a wonderful time with us. Our rooms have just been re designed and upgraded, so happy you were so comfortable. Breakfast is our pride and joy and thank you for sharing your positive experiences with us. Michael and I look forward to welcoming you all again in the future.
Coleraine, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My daughter treated me to an overnight stay for a birthday treat,on arrival there was some confusion as we had not got the requested accommodation,however this was soon sorted out.As I have some mobility problems I was unable to carry my case upstairs but had to ask for assistance as none was offered by the owner's son. I note many reviews commenting on the homemade cakes and drinks on offer but at no time were we told of this facility.Room was large and comfortable,would have preferred not to have to order breakfast the night before as it's hard to know what one is going to feel like eating the next day! However,breakfast was pleasant enough and the dining room staff very friendly. Weather was glorious and it would have been nice to have the option of sitting outside but grounds appear very neglected. All in all a pleasant enough stay but wouldn't rush back. The bottle of wine for my birthday was a thoughtful gesture.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sian B, Owner at Donegal Manor, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying with at Donegal Manor. Each and every one of our guests is important to that's why we like to share a birthday or an anniversary with a small token like a bottle of wine. Delighted that you enjoyed our thoughtfullness. Thank you also for bringing to our attention that our 18 year old son forgot to mention the complimentary home baked cakes and refreshments. We have a notice on the refreshment table for guests now to help themselves. I am also sorry that you had to ask our son to carry up your bags, he is usually very attentive, it has been brought to his notice. Most of our guests enjoy sitting out especially in the recent sunshine we have had, I'm sorry you felt you couldn't. Delighted to say now that landscaping is scheduled for upgrading now that the bedrooms have been finished.

Been to Donegal Manor? Share your experiences!