My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night as a special treat. We stayed in an executive room with our dog in the main part of the hotel. We stayed for bed and breakfast and a four course meal in the lake view restaurant. Service in the restaurant was excellent, food amazing and breakfast was unbelievable! My husband and I didn't need anything to eat until the evening we had such a big breakfast.
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The room was beautiful, we just wish we had had more than one night to really enjoy it. The dog was made very welcome and she did not effect the standard of the room we were given. Before we left, we were given a tour of the hotel and the dog was welcome to come with us. We really loved the lake house rooms. These have got very bad reviews and it put us of staying in them. For this reason I wanted to see what these rooms were like. They were newly refurbished and although slightly smaller, had all the same conveniences as the executive room. They have lovely private balconies overlooking the lake and my husband decided that if we ever go to stay again,he would like to stay in one of those!
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone, the location is idyllic and the panoramic views of the lake and mountains is wonderful, definitely the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Irish hospitality. Harvey's Point is the recipient of the prestigious AA Hotel of the Year award 2007 / 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal