25 of us (all family, across all generations) gathered at Harvey's Point for 2 nights after New Year. We cannot praise the staff highly enough for their professionalism, pleasantness and patience with us! Everyone was wowed by our rooms, total luxury. As organiser of "the gathering" I received a complimentary upgrade - delux it was! Breakfast was an experience even the teenagers got out of bed for - certainly the best buffet ever. The views over the lake enhanced our dining. I was privileged on the second morning to witness a golden eagle swoop down to the lake and intimidate a heron to drop his fish breakfast in terror! We dined in the bar at night, which they set up for us to be together-the casual dining suited us and the food was of high standard. We had a lovely walk around the lake and on a return visit (we all promised ourselves this) would love to hike in the surrounding Bluestack mountains. I would highly recommend Harvey's Point as a place to come and totally relax while being pampered by staff all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Irish hospitality. Harvey's Point is the recipient of the prestigious AA Hotel of the Year award 2007 / 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal