After being together for several years my partner (now wife) and I decided to run away and get married. We then wanted to spend a couple of days away for some pampering and luxury.
Having considered many options on the island of Ireland, we decided to go back to Harvey's Point. On our previous two visits we have marvelled at the luxury of the rooms - particularly the bathrooms - and the quality of the food in the restaurant.
We were not disappointed - if anything it gets better on each visit.
You will get the warmest of welcomes from every member of staff, and if you ask them they will all say they love working there - and it shows.
The rooms in the main building are really apartments - and you could happily spend the whole day in your room - with room service very reasonably priced.
However, this would miss the amazing breakfast with - in addition to everything you would normally expect - a smiling chef producing wonderful pancakes and omelettes to order.
Dinner in the restaurant is fine dining - and we were spoiled for choice.
We hope to go back in the New Year and this time we will take our dog who will love the walks around the Lough.
The only thing Harvey's Point lacks is a swimming pool and spa, but don't let this put you off. Everything else more than makes up for it.
Finally, we were there on a Wednesday when HP has its Cabaret Evening. We decided against going and ate in the bar, but were delighted to be asked to go through and watch the show. We intended to stay only a short time, but, in all honesty, we loved it and stayed to the end. Congratulations to Noel and all his performers for a wonderful evening.
PS If you want to find an authentic local bar with great Guinness, head to The Forge on Meetinghouse Street in Donegal Town.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harvey`s Point Hotel
- Harveys Point
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Irish hospitality. Harvey's Point is the recipient of the prestigious AA Hotel of the Year award 2007 / 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.