I consider myself to have high expectations of hotels when it come to being a guest. I think this comes from not being able to afford to have as many breaks as I used to. Harveys Point far exceeded my expectations in relation to all aspects of the stay. The location is peaceful and tranquil on the shores of Lough Eske and yet you are only a stones throw from bustling Donegal town. The staff are delightful and are highly professional and efficent but down to earth and willing to chat with you at the same time. This is something that I consider rare. We ate in the hotel on both nights of our stay. The bar food and restaurant food are comparably excellent in terms of quality and presentation with the resaturant food having that extra bit of panache in terms of the choices available. Breakfast was delightful with a chef on hand to do pancakes and omlettes before your eyes (YUM!) all the other usuals were there as well so the choice was great. The rooms!!! The basic room is huge and comfortable with heating that you can adjust yourself in the room to avoid the classic hotel overheating. The bathrooms are stunning with huge bath and shower. The rooms have all that you would ever need and are spotlessly clean and so quiet. Both nights of our stay the hotel was holding weddings and I was wondering if the noise would permeate through the building. Even in the bar there was no noise at all and a peaceful nights sleep was had. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, we are hoping to book in again before christmas to enjoy the spectacular sunday lunch. We were too full from breakfast to enjoy it this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Irish hospitality. Harvey's Point is the recipient of the prestigious AA Hotel of the Year award 2007 / 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal