“Pure class with Irish wit and charm” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
💚 5 Days in Donegal Package 💚
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
“Pure class with Irish wit and charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We have just arrived home 25/3/12 after celebrating our friends 50th birthday. This is our second time to harveys point after spending a fantastic weekend, from the arrival to the greeting from Sean the cheeky ,but lovely porter to the ladies who welcomed us on the reception we felt like we had never been away.the service in the restaurant was first class and it was nice to see Lucy and Nancy the waitresses who always had time for a quick chat and helped with your every need, the food by these group of fine chefs is truly delicious and the quality of the meat and fish are succulent and the detail to presentation is to be fully appreciated by your visit.the rooms are presented for your every need there s nothing that has been left out and every detail from slippers and robes to sewing kits shoe shine hair products to double jacuzzi with back ground music to listen to.this is truly a gem of a hotel you will not be disappointed if you find it a bit expensive just try a overnight stay and ask for an upgrade send an email and ask for special offers.the nice touch one morning when we came down for breakfast was the owner greeting us at our table and having time to speak to you.I know some people will say yes ,but this keeps you coming back and yes!this s probably true ,but it s a nice touch with a lady who has put the time and effort in to make it the hotel this is today along with her husband.......alli can say is thank you and see you next year!

Mr and mrs John Davis room 310

Room Tip: Try the deluxe room and ask for upgrades where available all rooms are lovely but we like the 3rd fl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs Davis, We are genuinely touched to read your super review in relation to your recent experience at Harvey’s Point. It was our pleasure to welcome you all and thank you for choosing Harvey’s Point to celebrate such a special occasion. Your high praise encourages us to’ keep up the good work’ and we are particularly fortunate to have such a great team. Sean, Nancy, Lucy and all our staff are fine examples of Irish hospitality at its best. On behalf of us all, may I extend our sincere thanks to you for your continued loyalty to Harvey’s Point and we look forward to seeing you again next year. Kind regards, Deirdre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I don't think there are enough good adjectives to describe Harvey's Point. I saw it's glowing reviews on Trip Advisor but unfortunately couldn't afford the rates on their website. I checked and checked for weeks until finally, they ran a promotion I could make fit my wallet. Changing my reservations to them that day was the best decision I made for my trip.
The property is situated on the gorgeous Lough Eske which you can view from all over the hotel including the amazing view from the resturant. Speaking of the restaurant. DELICIOUS! We crazy Americans took picture of our food there because it was so wonderful. Keep in mind, though, the price does go with the quality of the food, but it's worth it! The staff at the restaurant was amazing as well!
Aside from the food, there were two other things that made our stay...that FANTASTIC room!! We didn't book anything too fancy and yet....it was! We felt like royalty!!
The second thing that made our stay has to be SEAN!! He was the best porter we had during our 9 day stay in Ireland and probably one of the nicest people we met as well.I can't say enough nice things about him!!

Room Tip: Since I know my room was lower on the totem pole, I can;t even imagine what the others look like. Th...
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Hi Margo, I am delighted that you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and it is great that you managed to fit Harvey’s Point into your itinerary. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Please be assured that I will share them with our team and present Sean a personal copy for his attention. I fully agree that he is one of the most genuine and caring people in this world and in a way, he is our ‘Harvey’s Point Hero’!
Wishing you all the best and hoping we can welcome you back again someday. Kind regards, Deirdre
Belfast, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

After my third visit to Harvey’s Point, to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary I have to write my second review as I have so much more to say.

I will start off confirming what we already knew. The room and bathroom was spacious and luxurious. The bed, gargantuan. The location on beautiful lough Eske is second to none. The food is divine and the staff, first class.

So let me tell you why I am writing a second review. The service we received on our most recent visit to Harvey’s Point is beyond anything I have ever experienced. My Wife was recently diagnosed as Coeliac and needs to follow a Gluten Free diet and the majority of dining experiences in the last few months have fallen short of our expectations so we decided to e-mail ahead to Harvey’s Point to make the Chef aware that we would need a Gluten free option for my wife.

What we did not expect, although in hindsight maybe we should have given past experiences at Harvey’s, was the level of service we did receive.

When we checked into our room there were a couple of biscuits as we have come to expect, but there was also a plate of gluten free biscuits with a little note complete with smiley face.

Shortly after we arrived the Head Chef Paul Montgomery called the room to discuss the menu options with my wife and informed her of her options for that evening, he had picked up some lamb especially for her as she had indicated in advance that lamb was her favourite.

We were welcomed at the restaurant with a heartfelt “Happy Anniversary” from Joanne, and when we sat down at our table they had Gluten free bread for my wife and Nancy our server was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the food, something that’s often lacking in restaurants these days.

We both enjoyed a beautiful meal that night and my wife’s meal was of the standard we have come to expect. In particular, the individually prepared gluten free black forest gateau and cherry cheesecake were beautiful. (of course I had to have a taste too!)

This experience continued over the entire weekend, with gluten free sausages, hash browns and scones at breakfast on both days. Even the staff that we had not dealt with were aware of my wife’s needs, and nothing was too much trouble. Additionally, the chef’s willingness to provide coeliac friendly sauce and fries from the bar menu on our second night was entirely unexpected, particularly given we had previously indicated that we would be eating off site, but changed our minds at the last minute.

We had a wonderful time at Harvey’s third time around and we are already considering returning in July.

My wife and I would like to Thank Deirdre and the entire team at Harvey’s Point for another wonderful weekend – it’s just a pity the Rugby result was not so wonderful.

Des & Lea Dickson

Room Tip: Go with Executive, Deluxe or Premium suites they are all very spacious.
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Des & Lea, What a fabulous review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience of Harvey’s Point and I will be proud to present your kind comments to our management team and staff. We are so lucky to have a team of people who genuinely care for our guests and who are prepared (without prompting)| to go the extra mile with a smile. Congratulations on your 5th Wedding Anniversary and it would indeed be our pleasure to welcome you both back again in the Summer. Kind personal regards, Deirdre
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel for my Wedding, The function room, service and Food was Excellent, the Hotel made every guest feel exceptionally Welcome.
The Hotel run an memorable Wedding day event, The Facilities, Rooms and Grounds are breath taking. I would recommend this Hotel without any worries

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
derry, northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed for one night with my husband on St Partick's night. The hotel itself is gorgeous, traditional style and very comfortable. We paid extra to upgrade to an Executive Room and it was well worth it, huge room with very comfortable bed (although the bed linen did not fit the bed and the duvet cover was too short for the duvet... strange??). Bathroom huge and gorgeous big bath and seperate shower. Food in this hotel is outstanding and breakfast is the best i've tasted anywhere (freshly made pancakes and omlettes were devine!). Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make it a special stay. The only criticism was the lack of entertainment on St Patrick's night. For a fully-booked hotel there should have been better entertainment and more a a buzz in the hotel - disappointing. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Executive suite well worth the extra money!
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your kind words in relation to your recent visit to Harvey’s Point. Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board with reference to the linen and the entertainment, In fact, we just changed linen company last week and we are very happy with the quality and size. We are currently reviewing our entertainment options for the season and will do our best to source acts that are enjoyed by all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime. Kind regards, Deirdre, Marc & Team.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Having been at a wedding in the hotel last year, I thought I must try it for an overnight stop, We were not disappointed, from the moment we checked in until leaving the next day it was just simply 'bliss'. Will have to make it a week-end the next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive room which was one of the biggest and luxurious rooms I have ever been in,
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Patsy, Thanks for your kind words and it was our pleasure to welcome you to Harvey’s Point for a relaxing leisure break. Hope to see you soon again. Kind regards, Deirdre, Marc & Team.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had a brilliant break at Harvey's Point. The room (executive suite) was superb, very spacious with a huge bathroom and comfortable bed. The service was excellent - very warm and welcoming. It was a very relaxing break and one of the highlights was breakfast which was fantastic - full Irish, pancakes, pastries & more, all eaten with a magnificent view over Lough Eske. Definitely intend to return for another visit in the future!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Kind regards, Deirdre, Marc & Team.

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!