“This hotel would be doing well to have a 2 star rating, certainly not a 4 star!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mill Park Hotel

You added Mill Park Hotel to your Saves list
Mill Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Mullins | Killybegs Road, Donegal Town, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here in January, having had to come to Donegal for a funeral. I had looked on line and found that the hotel had good reviews on trip advisor and the hotel's own website made it look good. My husband and I had to take time off work to attend the funeral but as I work on the road anyway I would still be expected to have emails etc, this was the main reason I booked this hotel as it had wireless in the rooms! When we got to our extremely basic room, there was in fact no wireless to be got, I queried this at reception to be told that I may have to hook up in the lobby but that it was in the rooms after that. I did so and yes there was wireless in the lobby but still nothing in the rooms. I ended up having to take a work Skype call in the bar, not ideal. We ate in the bar which was less than satisfactory, I ordered a healthy stir fry which came to me swimming in sauce, my husbands meatballs could have been used for a game of squash they were so hard. The breakfast was possibly one of the worst I've seen and I stay in hotels 3 nights of every week. The cooked breakfast must have been left out since 6am, we came down at 8.30am, so everything was shrivelled and tepid. The scrambled eggs were crusted over and swimming in a bath or grimy looking liquid, enough to make us decide to have breakfast else where. The hotels one saving grace was a girl at reception on the evening I checked in, she was completely apologetic about the lack of Internet and did try everything to help, however the girl I spoke with the following morning on check out was rude, impolite and completely unsympathetic, she barely spoke, the same could be said for the breakfast staff who were very unhelpful.
In summary I am still completely bewildered as to why this hotel would have a 4 star rating as I believe that a 2 star would be generous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
East Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I prefer to only write reviews where I would recommend something, but I was so disappointed in this hotel. It is a perfectly average hotel with a view of a parking lot, an uncomfortable bed and a tiny shower. The staff was a toss up - some were very friendly and helpful and some were clearly unhappy to be there. We've all had those jobs but you really do need to hide it when working with people. The location was very good for getting into town. Food in the pub was very good including some nachos with some sort of garlic sauce that turned out to be very tasty. I had thought that this would be the highlight of our trip but it was not worth what we paid for it. If the price were even close to reasonable, I'd have been fine with this hotel but we stayed in several hotels with similar amenities for less than half of what this cost, and had much better experiences. If you get it for a good price, you'll be fine. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

such a beautiful hotel very centrally located in an extremely picturesque part of donegal...staff were so lovely, very friendly and informative with great advice on the all the tourist attractions to visit and the best routes to take..invaluable information...our accomodation was excellent..very spacious rooms ..warm and comfortable with all amenities..and although the hotel was busy we still enjoyed quietness in the privacy of our room..breakfast was delicious and very leisurely ..all contributing to a very relaxed few days..highly recommended!!!!!!!!..
E and P Connor

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the Mill Park 2 weekends ago. Wonderful staff so helpful in every way. The accommodation was superb. Meals both in Cafe Bar & Restaurant excellent. The location is just perfect. I would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it as a execeptional hotel break.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We checked into Mill Park and the staff were so helpful and gracious. The accommodations were excellent, nice spacious rooms. The meals were first class and the service was exceptional. It is a beautiful location... and I would definitely return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at the Millpark hotel on a family get together the weekend of 19th/20th October. Some family members travelled from Mayo and others from Dublin. Was a perfect meeting place in a great location. The hotel is situated in Donegal town and provided perfect location for touring county Donegal. On arrival at the hotel, we requested a cot for our one year old baby and this was provided very efficiently. We had our meals in the restauruant and food is excellent, very tasty. We also ate there the second night. The restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is busy, with weddings on both nights we stayed there. We were able to enjoy after dinner drinks in the comfortable hotel lobby. Our room was quiet and peaceful and we were not impacted by any noise levels from the wedding. Breakfast was very good and the porridge is the nicest I have ever tasted! It was lovely to relax in the hotel lobby on Sunday morning with the morning papers. A very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

An excellent hotel, with super helpful and friendly staff. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The food was great. The only draw back was the tiling in our en-suite was obviously done by someone's relative, it was so bad as to compare with the rest of the building. The rest being beautifully decorated. The edging round the bath was old and needing replacing. There were some cracked tiles which had not been replaced. The masseuse was also good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mill Park Hotel? Share your experiences!