“Always a fantastic experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning, fully licensed, casual-dining restaurant on The Wild Atlantic Way. We are chef-owned and managed and specialise in top quality local seafood, steaks and hand-made gourmet pizza. Recent Winner of Best Casual Dining Restaurant in County Donegal at The Irish Restaurant Awards. Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2102, 2013 and 2014.
Dublin
“Always a fantastic experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have eaten here a number of times with different guests and by myself. I have never been disappointed and everyone I have dined with have also been very pleased. The steak and the seafood platter are the two dishes I always order, they are cooked to perfection and the portions are good value.

The staff are always very friendly and helpful, especially Mary, she always remembers guests and even remembers their seating and meal preferences.

I will be dining here again for sure.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DebbieOReilly, Owner at The Harbour Restaurant, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review. We are delighted that you have taken the time to do this. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your experiences with us on many occasions.
Our ethos is to provide, top quality food at reasonable prices , while ensuring warm, friendly, efficient service.
Our seafood platter is one of our more popular dishes and we are very happy that you enjoyed it.
We have passed on your lovely comments to Mary, who was delighted to receive them!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“You MUST eat here when in Donegal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I ran into Donegal Town to grab some dinner after a long day of hiking and sightseeing. We went to three restaurants looking for a bite to eat, all of which had already closed and sent us away. By god fortune as we were driving away, we came across the Harbour restaurant which is set back a bit from the main square. Although the last customers were leaving and the restaurant was about to close, Jo met us at the door with a smiling face and sat us right down by the fireplace. She immediately brought out two pints of Guinness and, as the restaurant was technically closed we had the place to ourselves! She said they couldn't turn away a hungry customer :).
And the food....the food was amazing! We had delicious, pillowy mussels and fresh cod and bass that tasted like the sea. The potatoes were amazing, as were the root vegetables.....what a great experience!
If you are in Donegal, even for a day trip, you absolutely must stop by this little, cozy restaurant for delicious food and fantastic Irish hospitality from Tommy and Jo. Cheers!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your wonderful review. I remember you both clearly and as I said to you,'' how could I turn you away!''
We are so happy that you enjoyed your dinner with us and experienced true Irish hospitality. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip. We have passed on your lovely comments to Tommy, who was delighted to receive them.
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

i went in with my son for an early dinner last week. in the middle of ordering i got an important call which i had to take. the waiter reacted immeditely and supremely mastered the situation. when the food did come, it ws realyl excellent. i had simple fish and ships and my son had a pizza. both top notch. and very reasonably priced too.... i will definitely go back

Visited April 2013
DebbieOReilly, Owner at The Harbour Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We very much appreciate it. Look forward to welcoming you again.
Ashbourne, Ireland
“Excellent food, friendly and efficient staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I ate their today with 3 family members. We all enjoyed our food and cleared our plates. My steak was cooked how I requested it. Toilets very clean. Only negative, is the seating. None of my family are overweight yet we had trouble trying to get into and out of our seats. Overall, would definetly eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your wonderful recent review. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your food, especially your steak. We believe that the hygiene of our toilets are of equal importance to every department in our operation. We take on board your comment regarding the seating and just to let you know, that we only have 3 of these seats available, so maybe on your return visit you could let us know that you would prefer one of our many free standing tables.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Lakebay, Washington
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We arrived rather late one evening in Donegal Town, and at the suggestion of our B & B hosts (she even called over there to make sure they were still serving), we had a wonderful dinner. Our server was super nice and the food was terrific. I know it's weird to go to Ireland and have a pizza, but that's what my son ordered (apparently they're kind of known for their pizza), and it was great! It was a welcoming place for some tired, hungry travelers!

• Visited April 2013