We decided not to book anything while travelling round and see where we ended up. We spotted the sign with the price which was slightly lower than everywhere else we had seen and decided to go in and have a look. The owner offered us the slightly better room for the lower price and we took it.
- The location is good, as long as noise doesn't bother you.
- The rooms are odour free (a nice change from our recent places).
- The wifi actually works.
- The parking is easy to get to.
The only downside is the lack of breakfast, but we can get something cheap from a local shop which is fine for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Diamond Lodgings is an accommodation provider/guesthouse in the heart of Donegal Town. We are centrally located and family run and offer our guests bright, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. Each of our 10 rooms is en-suite, with television and tea and coffee making facilities. Guests have access to a free, private, town-centre car park and free WiFi facilities. Our accommodation is on a room-only basis. General information- Accommodation at the heart of Donegal - Free private car park to the rear of the building - All rooms en suite with shower - TVs in all rooms with terrestrial and Sky channels - Tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms - Free WiFi in all rooms and a computer available for guests' use for no charge- Family-run accommodation provider- 3 bedrooms overlooking the Diamond ... more less