“Great food, great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 451 Restaurants in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Market Lane is an award winning restaurant and bar over two floors that offers great food and amazing value. Where possible we use ingredients from The English Market and local artisan producers to make up our menu which has a wide range of fish, salads, meat, game and sandwiches, in addition to coeliac and vegetarian dishes and a healthy kids menu. Take a virtual tour or make a booking on our website.
County Cork, Ireland
“Great food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my aunt last week. We ordered off of the earlybird menu. I have to commend the friendly staff who offered prompt service and attended to our every needs. We ate downstairs adjacent to the bar and even though it was early in the evening, there was a lively buzz about the place. I started with the celeriac and chorizo soup which was delicious. This was served with fresh brown bread. For a main, I ordered the marinated roast chicken. The creamy mash was amazing as were the vegetables. Finally for desert, I ordered the vanilla bean ice cream which was honesty the best ice cream I've ever eaten. Great staff and wonderful food. Will most definitely be returning again!

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Cork Ireland
“A very inviting and welcoming place,full of buzz and character..excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Market Lane is full of buzz and character..enjoyed every minute of our recent lunch...the food is fresh, so delicious and varied: very interesting and enticing menu and very good value for money in my opinion..the Early Bird menu is especially great value in my view...the staff is most welcoming and service prompt and efficient and although the restaurant gets very busy at times this only adds to the character and buzz of the place..a meal here , in my experience, is a very enjoyable experience.. .the staff has always been pleasant and helpful and it is service with a smile throughout.. nothing too much trouble...my family and I have been a few times for lunch and for dinner and have loved every visit..the food is varied ,as I have already said, imaginative, different in a very positive way and so very fresh...something to suit everybody..I always love to visit here while in Cork..

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and fab atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We ate here while staying in Cork for the night. The staff were amazing and the food overall was great. I had one of the vegetarian mains (the crepe) which wasn't great, but everything else about the visit was spot on.

Dundee
“Busy, Bustling & Vibrant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

On a recent visit to Cork, we did a bit of research and decided to eat here. We hadn't booked, but, they managed to fit us in. It was pretty busy, nice atmosphere, nice interior, excellent staff, very attentive and helpful. The drinks list was good, the cocktail we kicked off with was 1st class. The food was excellent, we will return when we next visit Cork, hopefully, that isn't too far off.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, FL
“Lunch hit the spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

While in town just for one day/night for a concert, my husband and I stopped in for lunch based on trip advisor reviews and walking proximity to our hotel. The place was filled with local professionals which is always a good sign. Food was ample and tasty. The menus was quite varied so it was hard to settle on just one item. Ingredients were fresh and the salads were refreshing. prices are reasonable. Service was efficient and we were made to feel welcome. We'll eat here again if we find ourselves in Cork.

• Visited June 2014