“Lovely and I Will Be Going Back!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Strasbourg Goose

Strasbourg Goose
17-18 French Church Street, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
021 4279534
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 457 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Centre
Waterford Ireland
“Lovely and I Will Be Going Back!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was looking forward to visiting this restaurant for a few weeks and all I can say was that I was not disappointed. I went with two female friends and booked it about three weeks in advance. It was lovely. We went for the three course meal for €21. What great value this is. I had spice beef salad to start with which was lovely and then had the chicken fahitas. The nicest I have ever tasted. I opted for the glass of beer rather than the dessert. My friends had dessert and weren't disappointed. The restaurant was extremely busy and never once did we feel rushed or neglected. The staff were friendly and humorous. A great restaurant and I will be going back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cork. Ireland
“Good food at the best value in Cork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

€ 21.00 for a 3 course meal including Steak.... Food is well prepared and v tasty. staff very friendly. small restaurant so booking is essential. the restaurant makes profits on turnover so don' t go if you expect to spend the evening over a meal. i have read some food critics who slated the restaurant over the food and the fact they felt rushed... if they want to pay €100.00 a head for al a cart and spend 4 hours eating then go somewhere else. The House wine can be iffy so i recommend going up a level. Good food, nice atmosphere , no waiting around, extra veg , chips, etc were offered by the staff if needed at no extra cost. The Strasbourg Goose does exactly what it says on the tin and other restaurant's could learn from them.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic value for money ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Visited this restaurant based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. Lovely atmosphere and the food was delicious! The seafood chowder was excellent. Steak was cooked to perfection. Desserts very yummy! Yes, the turn around of the service was quick but we did not feel rushed. Waiter very attentive. Well worth a visit if you are in Cork and the 21euros for a 3 course meal is excellent value for money. Especially as a lot of other restaurants in Cork are a lot more expensive.

“A wonderful surprise. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Learned of the Strasbourg Goose from TripAdvisor whilst on a city break in Cork. On our first night we wanted something simple and inexpensive, what we got was so much more. The food was incredible. Yes, the service is insanely fast, and this efficiency could put people off as it would have been nice to have a little time to digest. However standards we so high that it was very difficult to grumble too much.

We ended up going back every evening for the rest of the trip. And whilst we did not enjoy every dish equally, we did not regret our decision. As other reviews have stated, it does get busy so you can book in advance, or I would recommend try visiting around 9pm. The service has quietened down and the restaurant relaxed considerably. I know this is what I will be doing next time I am in the city.

Cork
“Good value food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Three good courses for €21. Food is lovely with a reasonable choice, at the price. This restaurant gives exceptional value for those who want a tasty meal at a good price. My wife and I eat there 5/6 times a year and will always consider it as an option on an evening out. Would need to book in advance as it is usually busy. Genuine, hard working staff. Deserve to be supported. Was not given a good review in Irish Examiner Saturday supplement recently. Would not take any future reviews of this correspondent seriously. We love it!

• Visited March 2014