“Amazing Food and Extremely Reasonable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Strasbourg Goose

Strasbourg Goose
17-18 French Church Street, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
021 4279534
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 493 Restaurants in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Cork, Ireland
“Amazing Food and Extremely Reasonable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This restaurant is consistently excellent! It never fails so it is my foolproof choice to bring family, friends or boyfriend! I love the interior,its really cosy and romantic! The idea of having a set menu which does a range of lovely food well is brilliant! The next amazing thins is it is only 20 euro for a three course meal! You can have wine or beer if you dont want a desert! Last time I went I had fishcakes, the sauce was to die for, and then I had steak John Gotti, which has an amazing rich sauce! The next amazing part is that they come around and ask you do you want more gratin potatoes or veg! This is by far one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in! My parents love the pate, the goose, everything really! My mum had a lovely beef curry starter recently! The sauces, breads to go with mussels etc, are all homemade! Amazing food, amazing service! Cant recommend enough!

Cork, Ireland
“Excellent food, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went on a weekday evening and ate from the early bird menu. The selection was varied and we had a substantial 3 courses and wine for a very reasonable price. Steak was delicious. Only comment to make which I can see has been noted previously is that the service was a bit too fast. A slightly longer break between courses would be appreciated.

“This is a "gem"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself and 3 mates went last week...what a gorgeous night we had,excellent food,for €20 we all had 3 courses,we also bought our own wine and were only charged €4 per bottle,this restaurant is the best in city center...no doubt at all about this..you do have to book in advance but thats ok..try it you wont be disappointed..

Killarney, Ireland
“Superb value and great service. Top class.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant deserves every plaudit it gets. Visited on a Saturday night. The meal was superb value and the staff were very nice and provided great service. The food was lovely and the portions were generous. I had hake for my main course and it was cooked beautifully and served with a tasty crab ragout. My wife's main was sirloin steak and she really enjoyed it. There are no supplements on the set menu, even for the steak. Other restaurants please take note! The wine list was competitively priced as well. All in all, this is the best restaurant experience I have had for a very long time. Top class.

Cork, Ireland
“Book or you may not get a table.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was doing a demonstration at the Crawford Gallery and 9 of my students decided to go for a meal to this Restaurant. I don't eat out much in Cork but after eating here have been back a second time with my students when we went to a Tommy Fleming concert at the Opera House.
Its great central location. Where can you get three course meal for 20€ in Cork? The awnser? Here. Some have complained of the service being too fast. I personally like to get on with other things rather than sitting for ages between courses. I like the fact there is no music. You can hear the person next to you and often the music is not to your taste and is too loud. Staff very friendly and have a sense of humor. Good choice of menu and they don't go way over the top with wine and beer prices as so many places do.I would heartily recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012