“good food but no atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jacob's on the Mall

Jacob's on the Mall
30 South Mall, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
021 4251530
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 457 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Beautiful Restaurant in the heart of Cork City...Jacobs on the Mall situated in the heart of Cork City has been serving the people of Cork and beyond with the freshest of local and seasonal produce for the past 14 years.
dublin, ireland
“good food but no atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had dinner here with my family. I had read it was a former Turkish baths so I was expecting interesting décor with good atmosphere but unfortunately that was not the case. The ambience is formal and cold and not at all relaxing, I think it needs some changes to soften the atmosphere and make it feel a little warmer. The service was good and friendly and the food was very good but it that didn't make up for the overall lack of atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cork - Ireland
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Love this place, always have. A nice touch of class and a bit of a treat from time to time. The chocolate falling down cake when they do it is a must.

Visited December 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Well established Popular Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It had been a few years since I had eaten in Jacobs and I was really looking forward to this meal. The experience was not up to the usual standard but it was still good. The menu on the night didn't capture my attention, normally I struggle to make a choice but this time it just didn't hit the notes for me (primarily on the mains). One of my guests for dinner ordered a curry that was just too hot for her to eat, she was used to spicy food so I did think the server should have advised caution when she ordered. The food was nicely served and tasted good but nothing spectacular. We were seated in the recessed Alcove and I wouldn't like to sit there again, it was a little isolating from the vibe of the main area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cypress TX
“If you're in Cork, it is worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed four different entrees and they were all delicious. Our waitress was very attentive. I had the Strawberries with whipped cream and shortbread and basil ice cream. The whipped cream could have been a little sweeter, but it was still very good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a family dinner last nite in jacob's, it was my first time there but I had heard good reviews on it so I was looking forward to it. Our waitress was Eilish, she was so pleasant and made the experience excellent. The food was unreal and great value, we ate from the early bird menu. I would highly recommend Jacobs on the mall!

• Visited June 2013