“This is one of my favourite fine dining restaurants in cork.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Gourmandises

Les Gourmandises
Cook Street, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 440 restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centre
“This is one of my favourite fine dining restaurants in cork.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My self and my husband went there last night, it is our second time in 2 months, but we had such a lovely experience first time, we said we would book it again. And it impressed us a much. We went for price fixe menu which is we thought was good value, this is available up to 7 on Saturdays, I had a gorgeous Sauvignon blanc organic French white wine, stunning!!...
Overall, I would highly recommends this restaurants, and I would recommend foodies to put it on your to do list!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Cork
“best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love going to restaurants and this is the best i"ve been in.Food,service and atmosphere all top notch.Looking forward to our next meal....

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork, Ireland
“classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

i have been looking forward to trying this restaurant for a very long time as i heard so many good things about it. when i finally ate there, it was nice but i must say i was a tiny bit dissapointed.... i cant fault the service in any way. we got the taster plates for starter which had 3 beautiful items. for main i ordered the braised beef special they had on that night and really didnt think it was up to scratch.it was not tough, it was fallin apart nicely, but the meat itself was very dry. the rest of the plate showed a lot of impressive cooking skills. i am glad i tried this restaurant but i feel that there are better restaurants out there for a better price.

Visited November 2012
Cork city
“Favourite Cork restaurant by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant never fails to impress myself & my fiancée. The presentation, the quality of the food, the flavour, the staff, the decor - all outstanding. In my opinion it's a quality fine dining eatery. Everything on the menu is gorgeous.

It's also clearly a popular spot as you need to book well in advance to get a table at weekends & even on a random Tuesday night when I last ate there the restaurant was full.

I can't recommend this spot highly enough & anyone who has eaten here based on these recommendations has thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Can't wait to have a meal here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ireland
“DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had heard so much over the years about this restaurant and finally got to dine here last night for my 40 th birthday .I am a chef and so is my husband and we love to dine in really special restaurants over the years we have been lucky enough to do so all over the world ....some tiny inconspicuous not expensive ones but the cuisine always lived up to expectation ...I say all that to stress I'm not complaining for no reason and I like to think I know a little about fine dining restaurants or those that advertise as such ...my disappointment rests on a few areas if you advertise as fine dining and charge as such then a certain level of service is expected .Within 5 minutes of being seated we were approached twice by a male waiter with wine which was not ours...the bread served was adequate nothing special ...I ordered a sancerre 2010 which arrived as 2011 ....I questioned and was told the supplier must have changed without telling them ....my starter was duck terrine with foie grass accompanied by what looked like toasted sliced white pan full slices standing in a wooden basket ...its presentation awful ..I questioned the bread as it was uniform slices as opposed to individual homemade brioche ....I was told it was brioche but for me lacked totally ...mains were cooked well but my main came without potatoes I was offered saute potatoes which to me where perfect uniform round fried balls of potatoes .Lastly it was my birthday and my husband asked for a token to acknowledge it with desert the waitress appeared with the smallest sliver of cake I have ever seen with a candle on it plonked it down and said there you go ....no happy birthday nothing.I know this review is long and winded but I was so disappointed I felt compelled to write this I have never done this before ...include having to pour wine myself as no one around and empty glasses and the toilets are up a dingy stairs very drab.I sensed the lady owner who was front of house picked up on my disappointment but never addressed it and as it was my birthday I really didn't need to ruin it further however I will be writing to them as being in the industry for years I believe in feedback and giving people a chance to explain . VERY DISAPPOINTED.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere