“Quick, but bland, food in fun restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
4/5 South Main Street, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
+353 21 427 8874
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #132 of 451 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Japanese, Noodle Shop, Noodle
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: The wagamama story our story began in 1992, when we opened our first restaurant in bloomsbury, london. We wanted wagamama to offer the kind of fresh, fast food and relaxed atmosphere you get in japanese noodle bars. We've gradually grown into a much-loved family of restaurants that spans 17 countries our dublin's city centre restaurant opened it's doors in 1998, being the first wagamama franchise in the world. After several years we decided to spread our wings down south to cork city in 2005 and further again in 2010 to up north to belfast and back down to dublin's blanchardstown. Finally in july 2011 our fifth wagamama opened in dundrum shopping centre
“Quick, but bland, food in fun restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to Wagamamas Cork for a quick dinner pre-movie. The service was very friendly and fun, and our meals arrived super fast. However the food itself was a bit bland, and missing the fresh herb and spice flavours of traditional Asian meals. Might be that I am used to a different style of Japanese/Thai etc, but for authentic Asian flavours I would try elsewhere. However, for a quick bite (although not particularly cheap) that is probably reliably similar each time you visit, and in a funky friendly place, then is is a good choice.

Visited July 2013

“Shocked by the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a bowl of noodles, early afternoon one Saturday, a snack really as I was on my own. Fine, nothing spectacular about the food or the service or the atmosphere, but shocked by the price.
A bowl of beef ramen and a bottle of cider 24 euro - wow !
Silly me !

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cork
“Best Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am a regular with my boyfriend at Wagamamas. We have been there at all times of the day and never once had a bad meal there. Its fast, the staff are wonderful and the menu still appeals even though we visit almost weekly. The prices are reasonable and the food consistently great.

One day recently we visited to find the place full of kids yet we still had a lovely time. Its a great place for children and adults alike because all are easily catered for.

My favourite thing about Waga's is how you always feel great after a feed there! Its fast healthy food and easy for people with food allergies to enjoy a fuss free tasty meal!

I <3 Wagamamas!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasteless food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I ate the chicken and shrimp fried noodles, it was tasteless!! So dissapointed!! But i love the dessert. Think twice before i go again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
izeult
“One of my preferred places to eat :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yes it's a chain - although each one differs slightly but I've always had a great food experience iwht Wagamama.

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food - willing to answer questions and if you've an allergy or dietary requirement there's a reduced menu to cater for you.

The menu has plenty of choice, the specials are great value and the entire place is extremely clear - this is all before you start on the very tasty food. I recommend duck goyza or the steak teryaki soba.

• Visited May 2013