“A Great Hotel with Excellent Staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Cork International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cork International Airport, Cork, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Ireland
“A Great Hotel with Excellent Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel the night before taking a very early flight and I was very impressed. We took advantage of the 7 day Parking package with out accomdation and am delighted that we did so.

As soon as we stepped in the door a member of staff offered to carry out bag for us.Check-in was extermely quick and carried out by a really friendly lady. Our rooms were large and very comfortable with large and spotless bathrooms. The only thing that I noted was there were very few towels in the room for the number of people in the room. We had one bath towel and one hand towel for three people. I suspect this might have been an one off error rather than the usual practice.

The staff in the bar were particularly friendly and welcoming and would certainly inspire you to return to the hotel. The food we had in the bar was nice with a good selection on offer. The bar was peaceful and relaxing with a good variety of drinks available.

We did not have breakfast in the hotel as our flight was so early but we were advised when we were checking out that tea and coffee was available for us in the room next to reception which was a nice touch and very welcome at 5am.

A mini bus dropped us to the door of departures howvever the airport is actually only a five minute walk away. I believe that the bus departs on the half hour (at that hour in the morning anyway).

The weather was very cold on our return and we could not face the walk back to the hotel in the sleet. We rang the hotel and a mini bus was down within minutes to return us to the hotel.

We were very impressed with our stay at this hotel and will be returning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
ciahmanager, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
Dear Purpleiris 26,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Cork International Airport Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.
I am delighted to see that you used our Park and Fly Package which is very popular amongst our guests.
I am extremely delighted that you found our services and Facilities of an excellent standard from Check in to the O’ Bar. I will pass on your positive comments to all the staff which I know they will really appreciate too.
Regarding the towels in the bedroom, please be advised that there are extras towels located in the wardrobe of every bedroom. I have spoken to the Housekeeping Manager to make sure that there are plenty towels in every bedroom.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.
Aaron Mansworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
tipperary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

i have stayed in this hotel four times since its opening. the cost of the hotel was very reasonable and the rooms were fantastic. the food in the bar is second to none and i found all the staff especially those at reception so friendly and helpful good work i have already reccommended this hotel to numerous friends and will continue to do so.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Dear hotelusertipperary,

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities. Thank you for recommending us to your friends.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We attended the hotel for a Christmas party and had a wonderful night. It was one of their pre-organised parties and from the moment we arrive to when we left, we found the service, food and overall atmosphere of the hotel to be wonderful. It was quite clear that there was a huge amount of effort put into organising the night and the function room was large enough to hold all of us but yet not too big that we could not see each other. The quality of food was outstanding and the service we received from the staff was amazing - they made us feel like we were attending our own party and not just one organised by the hotel. The rooms are great - lots of room (even in the smallest room) and very well equipped. Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed December 2009
ciahmanager, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2010
Dear anon1Ireland,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Cork International Hotel Cork I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We too enjoyed the Pre Christmas party; it was a great start for the festive season.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Waterford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stayed in the Cork Airport Hotel in June 09 before I flew out on honeymoon and to be very honest I would never stay there again. From the moment we arrived I felt that everything was just too much effort for the staff, from checking us in to checking us out. We went to the bar, they had no Guinness, asked for the football that wasn't happening either. In the end we strolled down to the other hotel and watched the game with a pint and some bar food. The room was nice to be fair, but we asked for a late checkout which then meant that after the time for checkout I had to bring my room card back to the reception desk for them to redo it which was effort for them again.

For breakfast we had already heard reviews of the breakfast being eaten early and that it was left uncovered the whole time, but the managment had answered those by saying the problem was solved. IT WASN'T. We arrived down, the selection of what was left was poor and was left out uncovered for God knows how long, the poor girl on her own there was under wicked pressure, we sat at a dirty table, scrounged what cutlery we could from other tables and then on paying discovered that a bowl of cereal amounted to the full price of a continental breakfast and two sausages and two rashers was what constituted a full Irish.

All in all I would'nt bother going here again and would much rather sleep in my car and get a roll in the airport than ever darken the door of this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
ciahmanager, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Dear GBarrettWaterford

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay.

Since your stay in June2009, we have made enormous strides in improving all our services and products which can be seen in all our recent Trip Advisor reviews.

I would like to take opportunity to congratulate on your wedding day.

Regarding the late check, our key card system automatically deactivated keys at 12 noon, they need to be reactivated for a later check out. I have passed on your comments to our Front Office Manager.

Regarding the hot food at breakfast please be advised that at the food is always covered as we have a state of the art buffet counter to include a permanent cover and is regularly checked with our chef, however I do apologize if it was not up to standard.

We advertise all live games for our bar as we pride ourselves on showing all games from, football, rugby to all sports, so again I will follow up as to why you could not see the game.

I do take all your comments very seriously and will follow up on each and every one of them. However, if you would like to call me directly, I would be happy to go through all your feedback with you personally

Clonmel, Co, Tipperary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

This is the second time we stayed at this lovely hotel, my Wife and i stayed here last November and loved it.We booked in late having flown in from abroad, we were met at the airport by the hotel shuttle bus, which was great as we were half asleep and looking forward to a comfortable bed and we were not let down .check in was prompt and friendly and soon we were of to our room.i loved the changing lights in the corridor, the room was spacious with a King size bed ,TV, Internet, we slept sound, so sound in fact that we missed breakfast, but that was okay. We stayed again this March but this time we had friends with us and they loved it too,We absolutely loved the decor, well done to all, and great value for money, we Will be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear kieranandree,

cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I have stayed at the International three times now, the reception are great and friendly. I stayed here the first time on a new years eve, where I booked for two nights and included was dinner. When myself and my girlfriend went to the restaurant to have our meal the host said " this is a reserved function, you can get some food at the bar" so i went to the bar but then returned to the restaurant and asked one of the waiters if my name was down on the list and it was. The Host assumed that because I was young that I had not a reservation which is very ignorant as it was an expensive new years eve funtion. He did apologise afterwards. I stayed recently also and got upgraded so that was a nice surprise as it was valentines night, but at 2am the fire alarm went off which scared the living daylights out of my girlfiend. This hasnt been the first time the hotel have done this either. Other than this considering the great price the hotel offers better rooms in my opinion than hotels like the Clarion, Jurys,Maryborogh House which i have stayed in.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
ciahmanager, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear CorkBen,

Firstly CorkBen I would like to thank you for your return custom, we really appreciate it. Also thank you for your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your upgraded room and I have passed all your positive feedback on to the staff. My sincere apologies regarding your new Years stay with us, this issue has been amended. Regarding the fire alarm going off, we unfortunately discovered that another guest had being smoking in a non smoking bedroom and the alarm has to sound for health and safety reasons. I do however apologize that your girlfriend got a fright, please do pass on our apologies to her
I look forward to welcoming back to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed in a Deluxe room, absolutely wonderful, huge rooms very nicely decorated and very comfortable bed. Staff are wonderful and very friendly. It seems the restaurant has been closed for a while now, so we had to eat dinner in the bar with TV's blaring out some football or rugby match, that was a big negative of our overnight stay in the hotel. The food was okay for bar food. they also offer 24 hour room service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Dear Omrif,
I was delighted to read your review on Trip advisor and thank you for taking the time to write it. The hotel was designed to give all our guests a unique and memorable experience with each area giving the guest more to see and experience. I apologize for the restaurant being closed; we will have the restaurant open in the very near future. Also I would like to apologize for the TV’s in the bar being too loud, and it is something we will take care of immediately.

Best Regards,
Aaron Mansworth

Been to Cork International Hotel? Share your experiences!