“Excellent Hotel (but with a few hickups)” 4 of 5 stars

Cork International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cork International Airport, Cork, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Cork
Nottingham
“Excellent Hotel (but with a few hickups)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed for two nights at the hotel the weekend before xmas as a getaway before the festive period. Upon arrival we were very impressed with the design of the hotel and standards of the rooms which are well above the mark for an airport hotel.

Cleanliness was excellent both in the rooms and general areas, so no complaints there. Standards of food were very good and costs reasonable and in the main staff were pleasant.

My only gripe was that similar to the previous reviewer in that the restaurant was sadly closed (due to lack of guests I was told) and we had to have a meal in the bar area. Service was good and food arrived promptly. Unfortunately, the hotel was hosting a function in one of its rooms and all guests arrived and soon filled the bar area to capacity, we had people stood right next to our table banging into us, shouting and laughing etc – not the atmosphere for a romantic meal.

I did discuss this with the front desk when checking out at the staff was very apologetic and did discount element of our bill, which was appreciated.

All in all, a very nice hotel – I would most defiantly recommend to anyone and we will be back some time in the future.

Oh – my wife did use the hairport salon and was very pleased with the results!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you and your wife thought so highly of the hotel, the rooms and the staff and I have passed all your feedback on to them. We here at the Cork International take all feedback good or bad from guests onboard as it can only help us improve on guest satisfaction. On that note I would like to apologize for your experience in the Bar and advise you the restaurant is currently undergoing renovations and we do hope to have it open again soon.

I do hope to see you back with us soon.

P Hanley

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

The hotel itself is lovely. Very boutique-y and modern, lots of abstract art and bold colours. The only problem we encountered was with dinner. The restaurant was closed for a private function, which we hadn't been made aware of before we headed down for dinner. We decided to eat in the bar instead. We seated ourselves, and the waiter gave us our menus. We asked to see a drinks menu, the waiter asked if we meant a cocktail menu and we said yes. We also ordered 2 glasses of Spanish Cava, a sparkling wine on the menu. 5 minutes later a different waitress came with a wine list. I went up to the bar myself and asked for the cocktail menu. The waiter spent a good 2 minutes looking behind the bar for the cocktail menu and finally found it. I repeated that we wanted 2 glasses of the cava, the spanish sparkling wine. He said yes. Another 5 minutes passed, the waiter returned and asked which wine I had asked for. I said the cava and he asked me to point it out on the wine list. He went behind the bar again, and 10 minutes later returned and said that they had no cava, or any other sparkling wine. It was the week before Christmas.
So we ordered 2 cocktails and water instead from a different waiter., and we also ordered food as we were getting a little impatient. I ordered oysters only to be told there were none. Literally 15 minutes later a different waiter arrived and told us he didnt have any of the ingredients for the cocktails. We settled for coke, which they did have. And they forgot about our waters.

There were a few staff members which were ok, but what is the point in pretending to be a cocktail bar when you do not have any of the ingredients for cocktails. And what is the point in having something on the menu when you never have it in stock.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is perfect but the staff are useless. If you're looking for a room for the night, definately go, but if you're looking for good service forget it

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. May I firstly apologize for your negative experience truly it is something we take very seriously. Without taking refuge in excuses we have obviously not met your expectations. We do strive to achieve the best for our customers at all times in this case we have not. We have initiated a full retraining for all our Food and Beverage team, though your experience was isolated to a specific time and persons we will endevour to improve across the board.

Once again thank you and I hope to welcome you back to CIAH in the near future when your experience will differ greatly.

Happy Christmas & a Prosperous New Year

Patrick Hanley,
General Manager.

CORK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL
Cork Airport.
Cork Ireland.
Laysmith South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

Our second time at this beautiful , funky and modern hotel. The decor and furnishings are top class. A good night's rest is guaranteed.

• Liked — The pristine cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, Hotel Maanger at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warmest Reagrds,

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

I’ve just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel and thought it was great. Location is perfect if you are using the airport and still only a 10 min drive from cork city (with free parking at the hotel). Check-in was very fast and efficient, really liked the décor of the rooms. Rooms aren’t huge but definitely big enough, room we were in had a double and single bed. We had lunch in the bar which was very reasonable and tasty. Again breakfast was really nice – everything you could want. Will definitely be back at this hotel, and probably sooner rather than later. Great value for the price we paid too!

Stayed November 2008
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your positive comments about the Hotel and the service. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us and thought so highly of the rooms, Bar and Restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

I attended the O'Keeffe/Thomas wedding in this hotel on October 25th last.
The hotel could not have been better; the venue, the champagne reception, the meal, the rooms, the bar, the breakfast, the staff etc. were all second to none.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in picking an exceptionally unique, stylish & contemporary venue for their wedding.
As for the wedding itself; absolute class & a fantastic day. Congratulations P & D.

• Liked — The Wedding
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that the wedding reception exceeded your expectations. I have passed all your positive comments on to the Management and Staff as well.

I hope to see you back with us soon.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

Very fancy... stunning interior! Bedroom's very spacious and room service food at night was tasty! Breakfast room has a striking airplane design but the service was quite bad.. had to ask for coffee 3x and buffet was out for a while..

all in all, ok stay.. will be back again -- it's very handy if you have flight the next day and i like funky hotels!

• Liked — funky interior
  • Disliked — breakfast.. twas not a good experience.
Stayed August 2008
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please be advised that all feedback from customers is taken on board by our Management Team and investigated fully. I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager about your comments on the Restaurant Breakfast and he will look in to this further. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room service food and thought so highly of the hotel decor and rooms.

I hope to see you back soon so you can see the positive results of your feedback.

harwich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

I guess the problem is expectations, you are sitting in the bar in the evening and watching someone making bread then expectations for breakfast are inevitably raised....

Sadly breakfast is a bit of a disaster area here, difficult to locate a member of staff for more coffee, food not particularly exciting and the presentation was poor and fresh bread seemed to be missing. Some friends joined us for breakfast and they were charged five star prices !

Rooms are lovely and the public areas are a generous size

Stayed October 2008
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to apologize to you for your experience at Breakfast. This is not an area we usually encounter issues with but I do believe on this occasion we let you and ourselves down. I have spoken with the Restaurant Manager and our Executive chef and they have taken your comments on board and are focusing on both the service levels and food in the Restaurant.

I do hope to see you back soon so you can see firsthand the positive results of your feedback.

Regards,
Patrick Hanley

Been to Cork International Hotel? Share your experiences!