“Not for me” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Carbery House

Carbery House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Carbery House
You added Carbery House to your Saves list
Western Rd, Cork, Ireland (Mardyke)   |
Ranked #56 of 62 Cork B&B and Inns
Limerick, Ireland
“Not for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

My colleague suggested we stay here. Im usually a hotel only person because I like to use the gym in the evening but he likes the place so I went along with it.

Its a good enough location. 10 minute walk to the shopping street(patrick st) on a nice road which is relatively busy. Its across from UCC and there is a football pitch out the back.

Parking is out the back of the property and is quite good actually. Lots of room. Its a tight squeeze between the buildings into the car park but there were two vans in there so its possible.

The rooms are clean and large as its a old house. High ceilings as well. My room had a double and a single. The en suite had a jacuzzi in it. This was broken.

Negatives. There seems to be a problem in this country hiring people who dont speak good english. The guy at check in hd terrible english and when we asked for a receipt he did not know what we wanted.

I later stupidly spent 10 minutes waiting for him to find an iron and ironing board. It took a considerable time to explain what exactly I wanted. After a while when he was just about to give up looking for it he found it under the stairs. However, he did not offer me the ironing board. I left it at that as I did not want to open another can of worms explaning it.

In the morning the breakfast was lovely. However, the serving staff spoke terrible english. The girl who took my order obsiouly didnt have a clue because the other girl came out to ask us again what we wanted. I asked for sausage, fried eggs and toast. I received bacon and fried egg. I just couldnt be bothered at that stage.

The place is nice. The staff are useless. Its overpriced. He tried to charge us €80 each. We got him down to €65. for €80 on a Wed night I could stay in a hotel.

Would I stay again? No

Would I reccomend it to people looking for a B&B? Yes If you can get over the lack of english.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — Lack of English speaking staff.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1 review from our community

Been to Carbery House? Share your experiences!