“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as part of a group trip to Cork.
The hotel is nice. On arrival our party was very early and although not all rooms were ready, those that were we were allowed to check in to. Check in was friendly, efficient and helpful.
The room itself was nice, a good size, spotlessly clean and well laid out. My only complaint in relation to the room would be that during the day it got cold as the radiator would turn off for a number of hours. There was no way of heating your room individual to the heating timings of the rest of the hotel and it therefore became quite cold. At night, when the heating was on, the room was a nice temperature.
Facilities wise the leisure centre was basic but clean. You can get towels for free in the centre but are not allowed to go in the pool without a swimming hat, I would therefore recommend that if you want to make full use of the facilities you go prepared. Alternatively you can buy a hat for 2 euros.
I didn't eat at the hotel, however my friends did, and although pricey, the breakfast was apparently very nice and plenty of it!
As a final note the hotel is further out of town than it looks on a map walking wise, this is due to its position right at the top of the hill. It can be quite a slog going up and down the hill and although it was fine for my party, if you have slowed mobility I would recommend using a taxi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
montenotte, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Curious_Traveller
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Cork. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay. I appreciate your comments regarding the heating and I have passed them on to our Energy Manager for review. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cork at some stage.
Anne Bodley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Portlaoise, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our third stay here which is really all you need to say. great location about 15 min downhill walk to city centre. Parking is available which is bonus for such a central location, always difficult to get at weekends but persevere and you'll find a space, park up and discover Cork on foot. Staff her are excellent, very friendly, heipful and courteous. Ellen on reception helped us book The Boqueria( well worth it if you like tapas) and even though the hotel was fully booked and very busy she asked on check out how we enjoyed our meal.Bar staff, waitresses and waiters all very helpful and our room was spotless so full marks to all staff.Our room was very nice, large and warm- heating is by radiator which can be controlled rather than air conditioning units that turn off as soon as you leave room - with a very comfortable bed. An extra duvet was provided immediately on request. Breakfast is a self service buffet cereals and a hot cooked breakfast were alll available.Bar food is also available and very good value.Due to layout and fact that its on a hill mean you have to go up a flight of stairs to get to the lifts to access bedrooms. Great value hotel, fantastic location overlooking Cork and River Lee, brilliant staff and atmosphere, highly recommended.
Only negative is that soft furnishing and chairs in common areas beginning to look a bit tired and could do with recovering/replacing.
Henchy's bar a very short stroll is a great place for a pint, a nice open area to front with smaller nooks, crannies and snugs to rear. Friendly or private the choice is yours. They also sell second hand books to accompany your pint.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back have views of Cork and river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Touroffety
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in the Best western Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and I have passed your kind comments regarding Ellen she is one in a million.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Spontaneous weekend away to find a lovely clean, well looked after establishment.
The breakfast selection covered all tastes, and was hot... Coffee/tea served at the table while food was buffet style, but lovely. We ate an evening meal there too... I wouldnt say it was outstanding, but good value for money... And I would eat there again.
The room we had was well maintained, tidy and comfortable, just what we needed really... Can't comment much on the facilities as I wasn't warned to pack for such occasions! But it looked like a very popular destination for locals and tourists alike!
Time to walk into the town I would say is actually 15-20 mins.... But it's down hill all the way... It's getting back on foot that might prove a challenge to some :/
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again
Hope you enjoy :)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Shortpants 80
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Best Western Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted to hear you had such a pleasant stay and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the future
Many thanks
Anne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Never stayed here before but delighted with the stay. Friendliness of staff suggests it's almost a big family. Flexibility to all requests, spotless rooms and excellent food... Chicken wings to die for!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Shirley

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay in The Best Western Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I am glad you felt the team were friendly and we are like on big family as you mentioned. I have passed your comments on to the kitchen regarding the chicken wings. They are well known in the area for being the best.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future
Anne
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I hired one of their function rooms for a weekend on three separate occasions. The fact I hired them three separate times says it all. The Manageress's Daiva and Emma were a pleasure to work with. They looked after us very very well. They supplied us with everything for the room, i.e. tables, flipcharts, podiums ect. all at no extra cost. They went out of their way to accommodate us. They were professional and gregarious at all times. We also ate in the Hotel Restaurant and the food was excellent. Top class service from all the restaurant staff whom were all friendly and efficient. The bar staff were also amazing. I can honestly say that every staff member we met were extremely pleasant and I couldn't say a bad word about them. I would highly recommend a visit and I hope to hire rooms from them again in the future. I will definitely be returning to avail of their outstanding leisure facilities and gym. I would be happy to return with my family as they are extremely family friendly and only a few minutes from Cork City Centre. Big Thank you to all at Montenotte Hotel, Elaine Murray, Cork.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
montenotte, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Elaine M
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted your meetings went so well and that all the team looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion that you require to use the function room or if inded you get the opportunity to visit Cork with your family.
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went to this hotel last week for Valentines weekend. Staff were absolutely excellent, it's rare to get the entire staff in hotels friendly and helpful, but I have to say the staff here were always cheerful and couldn't be more helpful in all aspects of our stay. We had an issue with the shower i. e. it ran cold after first shower....staff had it rectified within an hour, and then also advised if it happened again or we were not happy they would move us to an alternative room.
Hotel was within a 10-15 leisurely walk of the city centre so ideal from our point of view.

NICE HOTEL AND STAFF REALLY EXCELLENT

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KATERS 2007
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in The BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted to hear you had such a good stay and enjoyed the Valentines weekend
We look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion that you are visiting Cork.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel was absolutely lovely. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Food was beautiful also with a wide range offered on menu. Overall lovely place and will b staying again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Bec 2113

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in The Best Western Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted to hear you had such a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cork

Anne Bodley

Been to BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel? Share your experiences!