“Happy I only paid €49 for the double room” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Kilcullen, Ireland
“Happy I only paid €49 for the double room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

NEGATIVES:
FOod in the bar was average but we opted for the bar menu so it was what is was. However, I ordered the Grilled Ciabatta with Cajun CHicken, Sundried Tomato & Brie Cheese. This came with NO Brie cheese. The waitress was so uder pressure I opted against bringing her attention to the issue.
- Service in the bar was slow, had to que to get a drink, que to pay & the couches in the bar are out of date.
- Bed in room 240 was awful- pillows awful, bed noisy & the toilet doesn't flush well. Avoid the room at all costs!! Had an awful night sleep.

POSITIVE:
- The Gentleman that checked us in on the 2nd February was extremely friendly, it was service with a smile. We arrived at 12am & he checked us in early & there was no issues!
- The Waitress who was working the bar that night was great (black hair-cannot remember her name) but she again had a smile & was very nice even though under pressure & seemed to be doing everything.
- The pool is love & you are given a towel in the leisure centre so it was very easy
- Room was clean & the shower was nice
-Walking distance to the main shopping street in the city
- View from the bar is beautiful. You can see all of cork city

As my title says, I'm happy I got the double room for two at €49.00. anything more & I would have spoken with management about the issues.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
montenotte, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Yvonne,
many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in The Best Western Montenotte Hotel. Thank you for comments regarding the staff. Apologies regarding your Ciabatta unfortunately mistakes do happen but if we had known what had happened I assure you it would have been replaced straight away. Saturdays are very busy in the Hotel so apologies if you felt there were delays. Regarding room thank you for your feedback as it only with customers feedback that we can continually improve. Hopefully you will visit again and see these negatives are no longer there
Anne Bodley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here last year. Food lovely and in general staff very nice and helpful. However, the accommodation left alot to be desired. Left a very detailed account of our stay on the morning of departure in the comments box. Never heard back from management.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Caroline O
Many thanks for writing a review regarding your stay last year, please email me at gm@themontenottehotel.com regarding any comments that you have had with the accommodation as I assure you if I was aware of any issues I would have come back to you. I am happy to hear you enjoyed are food and beverage facilities
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Just back from our second stay in this hotel. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Our requests for quiet room and child cot were met with no fuss. The breakfast was very good as is the food in General. Great location for access to city and good deals to be had. Leisue centre is great for young and old but no kids pool. Kids only allowed between 10am and 7 pm which is fair enough. Only issue is the high chair in the restaurand was dirty I find this to be the case in most places we stay dont know why very few in Ireland get this right. However, overall very pleased and looking forward to next visit as we have already booked!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cork2Galway1
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in The BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel. We appreciate your kind comments but am I so sorry regarding the High chair. Speaking as a parent it frustrates me when in Hotels and Restaurants. I have spoken to The Food and Beverage Manager who assures me that this has now been actioned to ensure all High Chairs are cleaned immediately. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me
Kind regards
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Fortunate to have saved sufficient TESCO vouchers to afford a three night stay, I booked a midweek break at the beginning of September. A regular Best Western customer (business travel) in the UK, I was happy with what greeted me on arrival, having driven down from Dublin Airport. Check-in was a pleasant experience bad the rooms were comfortable enough. My only qualm is that the room was very warm. It was rather warm for the time of year, but I guess a mid summer visit would be unbearably hot in the room, no aircon/ventilation.
The restaurant was a pleasant place to be, and the food was of a very good standard, breakfast or evening meal.
The bar is a mix of Garside tables and stools along with comfy leather settees that made for very pleasant relaxation after dinner with a bottle of wine .... Or perched on a bar stool at the bar where sports / news channels played on a large flat screen on the wall.
The balcony to the bar was also an added bonus, with the weather being v warm. We sat out every evening til very late, enjoying the peace & quiet.
It was here I proposed to my GF (she said yes) and will definitely return in 2013 to enjoy the hotel and Cork city again.
Talking of which, the city centre is a mere 20 minute walk (downhill) or 5 or so minutes in a taxi... We did both depending on our mood/alcohol levels.
Thank you, Montenotte for a pleasant and memorable stay :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear seany1969
Congratulations on the engagement. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The BEST WESTERN Montenotte Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back at some stage. Good Luck with the Wedding Plans and we hope that you have a wonderful life together
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is in a good location not far from the city centre (driving or taxi) and up high so there is a nice view if you get the city facing rooms or from the bar/dining room. Its nice and clean and the staff were friendly. Food was good and nice atmosphere in the hotel. The facilities seem very good in terms of pool and gym but I didn't use them. I assume this is where the 4th star comes from. I would not rate the rooms as 4 star however as the bed was not particularly nice (in fact I would be disappointed in a 3 star hotel if I got that bed). Found the room a little cold but no other issues other than the bed. We did have an unfortunate issue in the bar where they tried to charge us for someone else's bottle of wine. I explained that we didn't get a bottle of wine and they replaced it with a glass of wine which was incorrect as well but it was eventually sorted out. When checking out the next day I went to pay for the food and drink on the bill (around 20.45 euro I was disappointed when they insisted on getting the 45 cent as I know from being in business myself that I would have only asked for 20 euro in that instance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear xyz49
many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in The Montenotte Hotel. I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed with your stay. With regards the rooms we are in the process of getting our older rooms refurbished but as you can imagine this can only be done gradually. With regards being charge .45c on you bill. We would have quite strict cash procedures and so the staff member was just doing her job. Apologies that this offended you. XYz49. Thank you for feedback as it is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can continually improve.
Tipperary, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I didnt like this hotel at all. The rooms I found were very cold/damp. Lots of condensation on the widows which is never a good sign. Didnt enjoy my stay here at all. Would be staying somewhere more central next time. The one plus was the bar/restaurant which served lovely food and good atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear 1947M
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay in Montenotte Hotel. I appreciate your honesty and I am sorry to hear you will not be returning to us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our food and beverage department. I am surprised with your comments regarding dampness as we certainly do not have a problem in the Hotel other than the rainfall outside
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The view of Cork city is best at night. During the day you are basically looking at the docks. The swimming pool is great. The food at night was excellent and service and staff brilliant. The opposite could be said of the breakfast quality and staff. Probably the worst breakfasts we have had ever though , the staff on the Friday we were there were very polite.

The Bar is pretty good. About ten minutes walk to city but taxis are also cheap. We had a family room number 320 which is directly over the door leading to the Leisure Centre. A great deal of noise for some reason late at night.

Room Tip: See above. Not the rooms over the Leisure Centre door.