“Best Hotel we've stayed in by far - website pictures don't do it justice !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The River Lee Hotel

You added The River Lee Hotel to your Saves list
The River Lee Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Road | (Centre), Cork, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Glasgow, Scotland
“Best Hotel we've stayed in by far - website pictures don't do it justice !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed for three nights from 22nd May to 25th May in this beautiful hotel.

We were made to feel very welcome by the staff from the minute we arrived. The staff were always very helpful throughout our stay when we needed any assitance with directions etc and help with places to go.

The hotel location is ideal for the city centre, not too near to be noisy at night, but only a five minute walk to the bars and shops.

We were room only so didn't try the breakfast, the restaurant was closed until Tuesday for evening dinners, but we did try various items from the bar / lunch menu which were all lovely.

The rooms were spacious (we had two double beds) and very clean, the bathrooms were beautiful and the separate shower and bath was also an added bonus. The floor to ceiling windows are excellent and gave us great views over the river.

Not sure why this was number 6 on trip advisor of the hotels in Cork, from our experience we would rate is as number 1 and would highly recommend this hotel, we cannot wait to return to it at some point in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
OrlaOCallaghan, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read your recent review. Thank you for your kind comments in relation to our staff and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork in the near future. Please contact myself directly for any reservation enquiries and I would be delighted to make arrangements on your behalf.
ruairi_oconnor@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

we stayed at this hotel by looking at trip advisor site, we booked a romantic break which consisted of bed breakfast and evening meal on one night plus champagne stawberries and chocolates, fantastic room we got the one which is diplayed on the web site, we also got the use of the executive lounge which was lovely, food great, drinks are the same price as cork pubs, pool etc., lovely, overall we had a fantastic stay, wiil recomend, we would also go back, the staff also couldnt do enough for you.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
OrlaOCallaghan, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had an enjoyable time here in Cork City, and that you were able to make the most of what our hotel has to offer. We would love to welcome you back when you are next visiting Cork. Please contact me directly for any future reservations and I would be delighted to assist you.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Its hard to say exactly why - but I really loved this hotel.
Two days earlier i was at the Holiday Inn at Heathrow - the one at jct 4 on M4 , the reception area was full of posters telling me how important i was, how every member of staff was committed to giving outstanding service & I would discover new toiletries in my bathroom.
The River Lee had none of that I was left to discover that i was actually treated as important, the staff really were friendly & helpful, the bathroom had large fluffy towels,the breakfast was fantastic, my room was left so tidy I thought they must have had some kind of Butler service. The room was large with 2 King Size beds & tastefully furnished.
We had a business session booked & again the service was just fantastic.
I was so impressed that on one occassion walking past reception when one of the charming receptionists enquired "how are you" I just had to tell her " I am great - I love this hotel" - the look on her face was just wonderful, you would have thought she owned the hotel.
My only complaint & its a small one - the mini bar looks like a fridge but it isnt - why would u want to pay mini bar prices for warm drinks?
This is a great example of how a hotel should be run - well done everyone.
By the way - I was there to run a Customer Service course - not I hasten to add for the staff of the River LeeHotel

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. I really appreciate your kind comments in relation to our facilites and customer service. We really do pride ourselves on our staff and we strive to deliver a memorable luxury experience to each of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be delighted to personally arrange your reservation.
ruairi_oconnor@doylecollection .com
Huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I booked the hotel because I liked the personal responses from the manager on tripadvisor and the many suggestions of the friendliness of the staff! My initial impression was not good - the receptionist was efficient but didn't engage in any welcoming small talk ('Have you had a pleasant journey?' 'Have you been to Cork before?' - any such chatty question would have sufficed). However, I subsequently realised that every other staff member was friendly, including breakfast staff, bistro staff, cleaning staff and all the other staff on reception.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the shower was excellent. Breakfast was truly one of the best I've ever encountered in a hotel. And once I figured out that I needed to use the lead which I found in a drawer, the internet worked well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
OrlaOCallaghan, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel and thank you for kind comments in relation to our team and facilities. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance with future bookings.
Rauiri O'Connor
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I was here for a business trip in March and had a very comfortable stay. The hotel is very modern and luxurious, there was good underground free parking.

I was only here for one midweek night and it was out of season so it was very good value but I'd definitely stay here again for leisure.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review. We hope to welcome back to The River Lee Hotel in the near future. Please contact me directly and I would be delighted to make any future reservations on your behalf.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

From the minute we arrived we were made feel at home ciara behind the desk came out right away to help us with our luggage she was so polite and very helpful throughout our stay nothing was to much for her , breakfast food was outstanding such a great variety, Overall my experience in this hotel was really good and the mangement should be so proud of the staff in all the departments of the hotel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
OrlaOCallaghan, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and your lovely comments in relation to our staff especially Ciara. It is wonderful to get such positive feedback. We are very proud of our staff and indeed of the product we provide.
Should you be planning a return visit to Cork then please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be delighted to arrange the reservationon your behalf.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

This hotel re-branded recently and few people knew this as we got lost one day and we had difficulty explaining which hotel we were staying in.. I'm quite sure many people will know the brand soon as it is a great hotel to stay in. Hot towels, great rooms, very good upgrade cost, which gets you free use of exec lounge with water, fruit juices, fruit and even pastries all included, and a lovely space to chill, watch TV or read The food in the restaurant is very very good. The gym, pool and spa fantastic. The standard of massage top knotch. Whenever I'm in Cork city again I would not hesitate to stay here as long as they keep offering good package deals and maintain this high level of hospitality. It was also busy mid-week, so always a good sign

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the our facilities and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be happy to personally arrange your reservation.
ruairi_oconnor@doylecollection.com

Been to The River Lee Hotel? Share your experiences!