“Could not fault it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Dublin, Ireland
“Could not fault it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just returned from a one night stay with my husband in the River Lee Hotel. I could not fault anything about our stay in this hotel. A special mention has to be about the amazing breakfast the best I have ever had. It is only about a 5 minute walk to city centre.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Mackers 2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel.
I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and especially our breakfast!!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay with us.

Yours sincerely,
Ruairi O'Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, being only a 10 mins walk from the English Market and Cork central. It's also close to UCC (university) which is a truly beautiful campus. Beds are good and the food in the bar is nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sacha1973,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay at The River Lee Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you found our location perfect for your needs. I will be sure to pass on you kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a mini break for 3 nights. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. From check in to check out we were treated like royalty. The staff, room, facilities, food and location were all superb.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel.

Its wonderful to hear that the service your received from our staff exceeded expectations. We all strive to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm ashamed to say that having stayed at the River Lee hotel a good deal of times over the last number of years, I still hadn't gotten around to write a review. If you are thinking of staying here, trust me, stop searching...this is a fine hotel and you won't go far wrong choosing this. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and when I find one I really like, I keep coming back which is why I keep coming back to Cork. I've stayed in other hotels in Cork, 2 of the 5* hotels, and although nice as they were, The River Lee still exceeds the others.

The hotel itself is very modern, clean and airy. It is not pretentious or snooty, nor does it try to be.. but the professionalism of the staff still makes it an elegent hotel with an upmarket feel but you won't feel intimidated as you would in some 5* hotels... The staff will do anything to make your stay more comfortable and are always available. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I usually stay on the 5th floor - the deluxe/executive rooms are huge and lovely big windows with views over Cork city. The executive lounge is fantastic - nice to sit and read the papers with a cup of tea and a complimentary snack. The odd time you will see dirty cups left out, but to be fair to the hotel, they can't have a member of staff manning the lounge 24x7 in case there's a dirty cup or 2 there. The hotel is only a 10 min stroll into Grand Parade and it's a lovely part of the city.

The breakfast is very good and served till 11am which is great after a late night out! Lots of variety and delicious food. The restaurant is very good too - enjoyed a 3 course meal last time we stayed and no complaints. The hotel's leisure centre is great. Good sized gym with lots of modern equipment and I love the pool as i swim a bit. Nice size, most importantly clean with good changing/shower facillities. The only thing I havn't used is the spa..maybe next time. Friends of mine have used it and really enjoyed it. All in all a great hotel, great facilities and great staff in a great location with free parking. Happy days!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Lady 12,

What a fantastic review! I am truly delighted to read your kind words regarding every aspect of our hotel.
I am pleased that you were well taken care of throughout your time with us and I looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

attended a meeting and lunch there last week and i was very impressed ..great friendly staff and very efficient .
had lunch in the bar area which overlooks the river and it was very nice .food was excellent and it was buzzing and interesting place to be .

had a couple of drinks after the meeting in the bar and the service was excellent .

all in all a good experience

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Raymond 090,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of you recent visit to the River Lee Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that your meeting and dining requirements were to your satisfaction.

I do hope to welcome you back again to The River Lee Hotel and that we continue to meet all your corporate needs.

Kind regards,
Dublin 7
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just back from a weekend break in the River Lee hotel and could not fault it.

Staff are amazing and unlike other hotels, there appears a genuine warmth and love for what they do.

I recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Paula A,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such wonderful comments of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you felt the warmth and love! Our team is our best asset here in the hotel. They are such a great and helpful team that are more than willing to ensure guests have a memorable and luxurious stay with us. I have passed on your comments to them all as they will be absolutely thrilled to receive them!

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday and to see relatives from cork. Central location 5 mins from centre and night life. The room on our spa package was lovely with a view of the river. The staff could not do enough and were very helpful, and pleasant. Food top draw and a fantastic breakfast. The gym was excellent as you could use the swimming pool and facilities as well. I highly recommend and couldn't fault. Dermot

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Dermot C,

Thank you for your recent review of The River Lee Hotel.
I am delighted to hear you celebrated your birthday with us and that you had a relaxing and memorable experience with us.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all our staff.

I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome to welcome you back again in the near future

Ruairi O'Connor

Been to The River Lee Hotel? Share your experiences!