“Nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Mannheim
“Nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice room, large bathroom, very clean. Comfy bed for a good night sleep.
Unfortunately no bathrobe or bathroom slippers were provided in the standard room.
Breakfast buffet is just perfect, has a great variety - including Full Irish if you can handle it.
Only ten minutes walk to the downtown area.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a nice view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to express your lovely comments on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am delighted to see that you had a great time while staying with us. Our Accommodation Manager Mary Guilford and her team take great care and have impeccable attention to detail when it comes to cleaning the rooms and the upkeep of all rooms in the hotel.
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!
Ruairi O'Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is modern and well presented. Staff members were friendly and helpful.

The only bad point was we didn't really like the sandwiches we ordered from room service; they were very dry.

Breakfast was top quality; the best I’ve ever had in a hotel. It tasted great, the service was exceptional and the food had a very creative layout which catered for a range of dietary needs.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and can't wait to return.

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to share such wonderful comments on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent stay here at the hotel.
Our Breakfast is one of the best in the city. There is such an amazing array of dishes available for guests to choose from. Guests can help themselves to Fresh Fruit & Cereals or perhaps some muffins & croissants or perhaps the wonderful hot breakfast where our friendly chefs are available to make anything requested by guests such as pancakes or maybe an omelette!!
We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again, so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook!!
Aberdeen, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was excellent and contributed to a very enjoyable break. It has a very modern look and the room I was in was great for a single traveller. I had only two very minor grips about plumbing issues neither of which would be fixed quickly or easily so I did not both to raise them and they did not in any was reduce my enjoyment of my stay.
A five minute walk takes you to the central part of town and the multitude of pubs and restaurants. My one query to the reception staff about directions was answered fully and satisfactorily I did not have any meals in the hotel as I was on a room only basis, preferring instead to enjoy eating out. I was given a voucher which would have allowed me to have breakfast at a discounted rate if I wanted.
I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this hotel as the best place to stay if you are visiting Cork.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, rooms on higher floors would benefit from the view over the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are but a 7 minute walk into Cork City Centre, where you will find attractions such as The English Market, Crawford Art Gallery and Cork Opera House to name but a few. We are also in walking distance of Cork City Gaol where guests can go and explore the old women's gaol.
I am disappointed to see that you had an issue in your room in regards to the plumbing. We do our utmost to ensure that all of the facilities are maintained to a very high standard to ensure comfort for our guests.
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.
We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again so why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great competitions and offers for the hotel.
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at the River Lee Hotel Cork for four nights from 20th April-20th April very comfy hotel good food and staff very helpful and polite used the pool and sauna which were very good. the room was well appointed and kept clean and tidy.this hotel is within easy walking distance from the main shopping streets. all in all we would rcomend this hotel to friends would stay at this hotel if we return to Cork for a holiday

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors have a better view of the city
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for sharing your lovely comments of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at NRG Health & Fitness Centre. We have a 22 metre swimming pool, Steam Room, Sauna, Jacuzzi and of course the wonderful Gym which has top of the art fitness equipment. They also do a wonderful array of fitness classes ranging from Spinning & Zumba Classes.
Why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel.
Co. Clare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Lovely weekend in the River Lee Hotel, Thoroughly enjoyed our executive suite, very comfortable and relaxing with great views of Cork. Staff very friendly and helpful, great service. City centre within walking distance and the underground carpark is a major plus. Food lovely and a great variety available for breakfast. All in all a lovely weekend and would not hesitate recommending the River Lee Hotel and looking forward to a return trip there.

Nessa Sexton

Dear Nessa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely thoughts on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent stay in The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are only 7 minute walk from St.Patrick Street and easily accessible to a lot of the main attractions in Cork such as The English Market, Crawford Art Gallery and The Lewis Glucksman Gallery to name but a few.
I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
We love to hear from guests who are due to stay again so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook!!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night due to work nearby. Very comfortable stylish hotel. Underground carpark so no need to drag bags outside in rain from car to reception. Polite quick check in, big room with 2 double beds. Both shower and bath in modern bathroom. Nice view of river and city hills above. Great food on in-room menu. Huge range of very fresh food for breakfast. Was helped carry bags to car when leaving. Already looking for an excuse to stay there again. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments on you recent stay at The River Lee Hotel whilst visiting Cork.
I am delighted to see that you had a great stay with us. Our Breakfast in the hotel is one of the best in the city. Our Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised such a fabulous range of food from Fresh Fruit Salad, Cereals, Nuts to or Hot Buffet consisting of Sausages, Bacon a choice of Scrambled, Fried or Poached Eggs and you can also have some Freshly Made Pancakes or why not have a made to order Omelette!! We have also just launched our wonderful new Weir Bar Menu and also our In Room Dining Menu, which has some amazing new dishes on it that I do hope you have the opportunity to avail of in the not too distant future.
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back to The River Lee Hotel again in the near future.
Ruairi O'Connor

I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel Cork.
Why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great competitions and offers!!
everywhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel does have a great location and parking was free. It is a fairly nice but basic hotel. The major negative is the noise. We could not sleep because we heard people constantly all night and the doors kept slamming. Also, the hours for the gym on the weekends weren't the best. It is still a nice hotel. The rooms were clean, and the internet worked well.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent stay on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay however I am disappointed to read of your discomfort from the noise in your room. We do out utmost when walking the floors to ensure that noise levels are kept to a minimum at all times of the day and night to ensure that our guests experience an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to ensure that our floor walks are increased to ensure that the noise is kept down wherever possible.
I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel again in the near future.
Ruairi O'Connor

Been to The River Lee Hotel? Share your experiences!