“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Southern Ireland
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just back from 2 nights at River Lee Hotel - I wish it could have been longer - From the time we entered the hotel we were looked after by top class and friendly staff - nothing a lot of them were non Irish - but they were v courteous and helpful - our room was v comfortable - breakfast was exquisite - such an array of food from cereals juices breads yougurts - Town was less then 10mins away - so we did not have to move the car - will definitely go back again

Room Tip: 5th floor lovely view and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Rocket43,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences with others on tripadvisor. Our valued customers are our best asset and your feedback is an invaluable tool that we use to improve our standards and service and motivate our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the River Lee Hotel soon.

The River Lee Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Have stayed here a number of times.. room and bathroom are amazing especially in larger rooms with floor to ceiling windows! Check in and out great, staff friendly and helpful. complimentary bottled water, magazines in room, paper the next morning and little touches like that make it that enjoyable . Breckie not included in the room price.
Overall would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HasnoHam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see such positive comments and see that we catered for your needs during your stay. I have shared all your wonderful comments with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the River Lee Hotel soon.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here in June on part of a guided tour through Ireland. Unfortunately we only stayed one night. The hotel was super chic and the rooms were gorgeous. Dinner in the main dining room was good and the view of the river was nice. We were within walking distance of a few local pubs and the view from our room was superb. I regret that we didnt get to spend more time there. Had a drink in the Weir Bar and waitress was friendly and service quick.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear TGIF13,

Thank you or taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of our hotel and facilities.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the river lee Hotel.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A large group of us stayed at the hotel for the weekend recently and found the hotel to be of quite a high standard. The breakfast was amazing, really great selection of fruits, yoghurts, seeds, nuts, juices not to mention all the breads, cakes and of course the full Irish. The first evening of our stay we ate in the main restaurant. Sadly the standard here was not up to much and we all felt the same regarding our overall experience. However it was easy for everyone to eat 'in' the first evening as we were arriving at different times. I would recommend to eat out if you are staying in this hotel again...
The leisure centre was excellent and all my family used it at some point, including the gym which has excellent facilities and plenty of exercise bikes, treadmills and weights.
My one complaint (as I am a light sleeper) was the location of our room, we were put in the first room of a corridor (a wheelchair accessible room) which had swinging doors. As each person came through, the doors banged very loudly shut and woke me up. I had two disturbed nights sleep. I did mention this on checkout and was told they would update my profile for the next time and move me away from service areas.....
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for its location and fantastic breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay away from service areas
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Derryvale,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the River lee and for taking the time to write your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and want to share your positive experience with others.

I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations in both quality and servie and I hope to welcome you back soon to the River lee hotel.

Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times with friends and also a family getaway. The hotel is ideally located abot 10 mins walk from the main shopping area. Loads of lovely restaurants located within walking distance. The hotel facilities are excellent and everything is kept spotlessly clean. All staff were extremely courteous and very friendly to the kids. Breakfast at the hotel is the best I've ever had at an Irish hotel!! A 5 star experience all round

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper floor, the views are gorgeous
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Norma-Moran,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive experience with other Guests. I was delighted to read your comments and I hope we can continue to deliver high standards for any future stays.

I do hope to welcome you back to the River Lee Hotel in the Future.

Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

stayed in this hotel for two nights this month as we were marrying over there before going off on honeymoon it was a lovely and enjoyable stay lovely deluxe room key to executive lounge and looked after extremely well good breakfast five star

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LinnySuffolk,

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the river lee Hotel.

West midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in September with my husband, daughter and grand daughter, the rooms were fabulous, restaurant service and food excellent, breakfast choice and quality first class.Lovely spa treatment!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Liz947,

I would like to thank you or staying with us at the River lee and for your wonderful comments about our hotel, location and spa. It is great to receive such positive feedback from customers.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

The River Lee Hotel

Been to The River Lee Hotel? Share your experiences!