“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Cork
london
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a nice hotel. Rooms are very comfortable and have free wifi. Hotel is very modern and is spotless.
Breakfast is a tad on the expensive side, although it's worth it. Great selection of good quality food.
I didn't eat in the hotel as I went into the city centre (10 mins walk) both nights I was there.
All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I forgot my shaver and they gave me a shaving kit with no fuss.
I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Dear anonym0us

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It was great to read what an enjoyable stay you had with us and read such wonderfull comments on the hotel, food and service, which I will be sure to pass on to all my team

The River Lee Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Had a four night break here on a B&B basis with my wife and our youngst boy(13)....l0 minutes walk into the city centre.Well what can I say - underground parking a real bonus,hotel was bright and airy and very comfortable, staff were superb throughout and the Irish breakfast buffet was wonderful.All in all a great place to stay - Well done to the managnment and the team at the River Lee!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear EdOS249

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of the hotel and service and will be sure to pass on all your positive comments to the Staff.

Once again thank you for your continued support and I hope to welcome you back to the River Lee Hotel soon.

The River Lee Hotel.
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed at the Lee hotel on business on Thursday 27.10.11. I found the staff excellent (professional and friendly) with nice touches to assist customers without prompting. As a professional manager the work that has gone into customer service is evident!
Rooms quality very good but the breakfast exceeded all expectations. Having stayed in hotels around the world the standard bears comparison with anywhere with fresh cooked to order option. The Lee Hotel punches above its weigh and hope to book my family in very soon for a belated 20th wedding anniversary celebration.
PJ H

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr Patrick H
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and I have passed all your feedback onto my staff and management team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Fantastic hotel very clean, friendly staff and very helpful!
Breakfast was lovely lots to choose from.
Hotel only a short walk from the city even got a bottle if water as we checked out fantastic touch!!

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Mr Starlit100

Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The River Lee Hotel is perfectly located close to Cork City Centre and the free underground car parking certainly adds to the value if travelling by car. This has the look and feel of a business hotel and we may have had a special deal as we stayed on a Sunday night. Travelling with a baby we had requested a cot and the hotel actually phoned me twice to confirm this before we arrived. However, when we checked into our room there was no cot but this was quickly rectified as we went into town. Breakfast was not included in the room rate but we decided to book it on site (EUR10/person which was cheaper than pre-booking would have been). The buffet was perhaps the best I have seen in any hotel with a fantastic range of hot and cold food as well as a choice of “cooked to order” items. Everything was fresh and high quality and well worth the money!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
MichelleSpillane, Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Dear Mr t_kus

Thank you for taking the time to post your Review on the River Lee Hotel. I am delighted to read that you thought so highly of the hotel and wanted to share your positive experience with others. I have passed all your feedback onto the all the staff and management team as well

I do hope to see you back soon at the River lee hotel.

Ruairi O Connor
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I booked three hotel rooms here for three nights while on a family vacation to visit my younger sister who is studying abroad at the University College Cork and this hotel exceeded all of my expectations as far as hotel / room quality, location convenience, and service. Due to it's location next to the College, I'd imagine they get a good bit of business from Americans doing just the same thing we were.

I'd been to Cork before but stayed in the center of town the last time so I was wary that this may be a bit far from the bars and restaurants and other nightlife. My fears were assuaged when we got there and found the hotel to be spitting distance from where we wanted to be. Google maps made it seem deceptively farther, for some reason. Because it sits just outside the main area of town, The River Lee offers free parking for guests. Another huge benefit is that it is very quiet in the evenings.

I don't know when the hotel was built, but it couldn't have been too long ago because the hotel is visually impressive, immaculately clean, and very modern. The rooms were spacious (we each had a room with a Queen and a twin) and the bathrooms were spotless. They have a separate bathtub and shower, which is a nice touch. On our first night we slept with the window open for the fresh air, but were awoken at maybe 6 or 7 AM to the overwhelming odor of cigarette smoke. I closed the window and looked outside but did not see anyone smoking. The room continued to smell like smoke for what seemed like forever after I closed the window, but it may just have been a lingering effect. We didn't mention anything to the hotel and decided to just keep the window closed. We didn't smell anything for the next two evenings. We were in a rear facing room (I think 216 or 218).

The lobby, bar, and restaurant (for breakfast) are all top notch. The lobby couches are very comfortable and the fireplace adds a nice touch. The bar seemed like it regularly gets a good number of patrons in the evening and the staff were all very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and pandered to American tastes, which was appreciated.

I imagine a four star hotel of this quality would cost much more elsewhere, but being in Cork it was VERY cheap and an absolute bargain considering the hotel quality and service. If I ever visit Cork again, I will not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear BrendanD_11

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and to read your lovely comments on the hotel and services.
I do hope to welcome you back soon to the Hotel.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Lovely hotel, easy to find, central, every need catered to and done well. I would go back again. Spa is lovely, only beef was that the relaxation room a bit of an afterthought. And the cots are way too low.

Spent two nights there and wish I could have stayed longer....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
·Dear Newfie_Bullet

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel so you yourself can see the positive results of your feedback

Ruairi O’Connor

Been to The River Lee Hotel? Share your experiences!