“Just what we needed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coach-Hill House

Coach-Hill House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Coach-Hill House
You added Coach-Hill House to your Saves list
Rochestown Road, Cork, Ireland (Rochestown)   |
Ranked #34 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We had a wonderful stay in Coach Hill House last weekend. Its very easy to get to, just off the dual carraigeway and very close to Douglas.

The guesthouse is lovely - really modern and bright. The rooms were elegant and spacious with gorgeous views - the beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to get up!

The landlady was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Continental breakfast was self service with lots of choice - we couldn't have asked for more.

I highly recommend Coach Hill House to anyone.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

Having read the reviews here, I had higher hopes. Maybe the place has changed hands? Hard to believe the glowing review in March. We had very little dealings with the landlayd ... however she gave us TERRIBLE directions on the phone, got us wedged in rush hour traffic for no reason at all. Then when we found the place, as a previous reviewer mentioned, a gloomy untidy yard awaited us. Our room was ok, a nice size with a good view over the city. Decor is quite dated, but hey. Who cares. The house was extremely hot even though we turned off the radiator, and the traffic noise when we opened the window was loud. Then a builder started work at 7.50am. Banging and crashing. ..

Breakfast was disappointing. Fridge contained a lot of out-of-date food - I'm ok with it being self service, but nobody had looked in this fridge for a week I'd say. The choice of food wasn't great, nothing looked appetising - I didn't like having to open plastic packets to get out the ham and the cheese etc, it just left me cold - felt like I was in a hostel. Yuk. Can't compare with a real home B&B like Emerson House - or loads of others. Give this place a miss.

• Liked — nothing. It was all only average.
  • Disliked — Dull. Characterless. No Soul!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Airdrie, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

I stayed at the caoch hill house for three nights and would defo reccommend this to anyone visiting cork the rooms are of hotel quality the beds are soooooo comfortable (struggled to get out the bed in the morning), the Family who own the hotel are extreamly nice and friendly they let us check in earlier than we should and went out of there way to drop me and my friend off at the next village nearly every night of our stay, the breakfast was self service but we had a huge choice of food.
I was more than pleased with my stay here and would defo come back again it was great value for money so if your thinking of booking up it would be well worth your while i promise.

Joanne Scotland

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — nothing the weather
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Have stayed at this B&B many times and cant give the place enough credit.

Good parking area, large, clean and warm rooms, the owners are always very helpfull and polite.

I have stayed at coach hill house with my children and the owners are fantastic with the kids.

I travel to Cork many times a year, and have stayed at many B&B's in the Cork area and Coach Hill house is by far the best ,and the rates are very reasonable too.!!!

All in all and great place to stay.

Paul , worthing

Stayed February 2008
mollym
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

I stay in this B&B 1 or 2 nights a week and I have to say its fantastic. The owners are great, happy to drop you down to douglas village or help you in any wya they can. Beds are really comfortable, I always have a great nights sleep when i stay here. Seperate entrance is great too, you can come and go as you like. Plenty parking and easy to get to any area of cork from as its on a good road network. High recommend this B&B.

Stayed January 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We arrived on Boxing Day and the landlady presented us with mince pies and coffee etc which I thought was lovely. She made calls for us to try and hire a car, helped with bus timetables, even gave us a lift to the pub one night, and was lovely. The room was fine, bed a little hard but spacious room, nicely decorated, sky TV and very clean - in fact cleaned every day. Self service breakfast which was fine because you felt like you were self catering which we actually like, lovely cheeses, smoked salmon, and you had the facility there 24hrs to make tea/coffee. Theres a mini-mart at the petrol station across the road which does hot food as well, a local inn, its easy to get the bus into Cork from right outside, theres a huge out of town shopping centre a short walk away, and frankly I thought for what we paid this was very fair and reasonable. I would recommend it as a B&B and would stay there again, at the end of the day if you want total luxury well you have to pay the price, this B&B however is in my view priced fairly.

• Liked — nice landlady and spacious room
  • Disliked — hard bed
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

Awful place. You enter by crossing an untidy gloomy yard and are ushered up to your room which unlike the comments of another reviewer are not tastefully decorated. Unheated bathroom in December is not pleasant. Breakfast was a help-yourself affair, including making your own egg, toast, tea or finding what was available in the fridge. It was like staying in a cheap hostel. I felt unwelcome and ripped off. I am embarrassed that visitors from abroad might stay there.

Stayed December 2007

Been to Coach-Hill House? Share your experiences!