“Great Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Galway
“Great Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

From the moment we checked in, we were made to feel very welcome. All the staff from reception, to the leisure club and bar were very pleasant and had a genuine desire to look after us. Our room was really great, with a balcony overlooking the river and boardwalk which is such a nice place to sit and relax. We had dinner in Kudo's and my friend who has lived in Asia for quite a while was very inpressed with the food, as was I. Breakfast was also very nice. The location of the hotel is a big plus, only a few minutes walk to the main shopping area. I would definitely recommend the Clarion whether your stay is for business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, July 17, 2009
Dear TobyGalway,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We get some great feedback on our Kudos menu as i believe it to be a little bit different but reasonably priced.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork very soon where you are sure of a warm welcome.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

After staying in several different hotels in several different cities around the country of Ireland, the Clarion in Cork is by far the best hotel we visited. Ivan at the front desk was wonderful, friendly, and extremely helpful. The room was very modern, clean and comfortable and affordable. It even had air conditioning! The next time we are in Ireland, we will only stay at Clarion hotels! Rated only a 4 star hotel......I would give it more than 5 if I could!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear jenniferkayredford,

It is great to read such a pleasant review and be able to give such positive feedback to our hard working team here in the hotel, especially Ivan.
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us in Cork and to label us "The Best Hotel in Ireland" is a huge compliment and one we are truly grateful for.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel very soon.

Many thanks,

Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I recently stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Cork as part of a group of twenty. I made the group booking and from the minute I spoke to reservations to the minute we left the hotel (on a busy weekend in June), i couldnt recommend the hotel or its staff highly enough. The rooms and the hotel in general was extremely clean, bright & modern. The staff were friendly, curteous , professional and extremely helpful. The manager on duty Samantha was professional, polite and a joy to deal with. Its city centre location was convenient to both shopping and nightlife. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely go back again.

Dear MulligansGalway,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Clarion Hotel Cork I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.
I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel who are delighted that you enjoyed their hospitality.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on the 5th of June and I must say it surpassed my expectations. Everything we needed was there and more. The staff were 5 star and the location is perfect. I definitly hope to return in the near future.

Dear Colm-SRFC,

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were happy with the central location of the hotel here on Lapps Quay. We are lucky to be in such close proximity to Patrick St for shopping needs and Oliver Plunkett St for socialising.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I have to recommend the organisational skills of the staff- we dealt with Zusanna when organising a family party and she was fantastic- so helpful, everything went off without a hitch!!. The staff at the Spa were great too, very friendly and really looked after my heavily pregnant friend! The detail and service from the catering staff was fantastic and our waiter (Ivan I think) was ourstanding- just wished he didn't rush off without saying goodbye as he missed out on potential tips!! Two of us stayed the night in the Penthouse and it really has to be seen to be believed...lovely touches like the free mini bar, complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates. Amazing jacuzzi bath and a swing! The food was delicious, the views of the City are amazing and it really provided something different- all our guests loved it! Only downside was having to pay for parking our car even though we were guests!

I have used the Clarion in the past for business purposes and have always found the staff so helpful with first rate facilities- its good to know the service doesn't drop when its for personal use!

Well done and thank you for an amazing night!

Stayed June 2009
Dear Londonlady75,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here in Cork. The penthouse BBQ parties are proving to be a great sucess for family gatherings or celebrations. I am actually familiar with your function and i am thrilled that you all enjoyed it so much. I believe a stay in the Penthouse in the Clarion Cork is something everyone needs to treat themselves to at least once!!!
I have passed your kind comments onto the team here in the hotel especially to Ivan and Zuzana.
I do hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Modern clean rooms and friendly staff who helped me find an enjoyable show at the Everyman. The fitness centre looked very well equipped for a hotel and a lot of locals use it as their gym due to the parking in the hotel basement.

• Stayed June 2009
Dear Yabbyontour,

dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

Plus:- Decent hotel, great spacious rooms, good service, great value for money, decent food and mini bar

Minus:- Paid parking, gym opens late in the morning,

• Liked — location, price rooms
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear pg2211,

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Apologies that the opening hours of the Sanovitae Gym were not to your satifaction, it opens Mon - Fri at 6.30am and on Sat/Sun at 8am - i have passed your comments onto the team for review.
With regards to the car parking we offer a reduced charge for hotel guests of 9eur for an overnight stay - from time of arrival until 12noon the following day. Unfortunately as it is a public car the fee cannot be waived but we do enjoy direct access from the car park to the hotel and of course the ease of mind that it is a secure parking place.
I hope this would not deter you from visiting us and would hope that we can welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!