“Excellent.Fantastic Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portlaoise, Ireland
“Excellent.Fantastic Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in a great location. A group of 20 us stayed here last weekend for my sister's hen night.On arrival my sister was welcomed by 2 staff members introducing themselves and wishing her a good night. Our first impression of our room was "WOW". Fantastic room, huge windows with a view overlooking cork city. Not to mention the cookies,handmade chocolates and dressing gowns and slippers for the bridal party(and a note for the bride-to-be). We had a meal in Kudos restaurant and the food was lovely. It's clear the staff of this hotel work very hard. Breakfast was also lovely. Out of the 20 of us that stayed here everyone only had positive things to say. I would strongly recommend the Clarion Hotel. I'm already organising my next stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Amanda M

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review from your recent stay with us in Cork City, its a delight to know you and your group enjoyed your stay with us.

I am absolutely thrilled with your fantastic comments on our service. Thank you very much indeed for your marvelous praise of our staff. I am delighted to know that they made such a wonderful impression and gave a 'WOW' experience from start to finish.

I am particularly glad that you were so pleased with our accommodation and the little touches for the bride to be. Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, it is very much appreciated by the entire team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future - perhaps next time for a relaxing spa break!

Darragh Brady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a central first class hotel. Bedrooms are excellent and provide very good bathroom accessories. However beware if the pay in advance for Bed and Breakfast and expect a full Irish cooked breakfast then you will find this is called a premium Breakfast and you have to pay an extra €17 / €18 extra .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear PatrickOD13

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at the Clarion Hotel Cork recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your visit so thoroughly. I am very glad to hear that you were so pleased with your bedroom and find the hotel 'First Class'. Thank you indeed for your kind comments.

In regards to our Bed and Breakfast rate, any guest that has breakfast included are entitled to enjoy the entire buffet breakfast which offers a selection of both hot and cold options. Guests who book a Room Only option, will be offered to upgrade to breakfast on check-in for €10. If there has been any discrepancies please contact our Front Office Manager Suzanne who would ensure you have been correctly charged for your stay. sbarry@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cork City again, hopefully in the not too distant future

Kind regards,

Billericay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed in the Clarion again over the Ocean to City weekend, We were lucky this time and got a front of house room with a balcony,
As ever the room was spotless and the lady even dressed down the bed for us.
We had breakfast in the hotel which was scrummy and the whole of our crew got to sit together.

My wife and i used the pool which again was spotless and refreshing, huge changing area's and very friendly staff.

I really do hope to come back again next year (if not sooner) with our Trinity House Rowing team.

Oh and thank you for looking after our bags whilst we waited to get our flights

RowJoeLane

Room Tip: Go for room 511 almost centre of the front of the hotel, (Just don't use it when we visit)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Clarion C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear RowingBloke

Many thanks RowingBloke for sharing your amazing experience of your return stay. I am absolutely delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stays with us so much

We are so fortunate to have the Cork's Maritime Festival on our doorstep, the boardwalk becomes alive with music, entertainers, food and of course the Rowing Competitions

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback in relation to our Sanovitea Leisure Center. I am utterly thrilled with your very kind praise of the cleanliness and of course the team, I will ensure to inform Tony and his team of your review.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our buffet breakfast. I will be certain to pass on your comments to the team, and I am sure they will all be delighted. It was our pleasure to look after your bags! I am immensely proud of our team, and it gives me great pleasure to know that their efforts are recognised.

We are very much so looking forward to Ocean to City 2015 already, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you and your team back to Cork City

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went for mini break with friends. Good central location Clean and comfortable with friendly helpful staff. Nice swimming pool. Easy parking in secure underground cark park. Really good breakfasts. Asian themed restaurant also very nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room which looked over the city and bus station but as on 6th floor no probl...
Dear Ardhachaidh

Thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel during your recent visit to Cork City and for spending time to write a wonderful review of our hotel

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel & the car parking location. Thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our team. It's always nice to hear lovely comments about our dedicated team.

Our Executive Chef Tommy will only be delighted to have his breakfast described as a 'really good breakfast'. We are very fortunate to have two wonderful Asian trained chefs in our Kudo's kitchen, it will be a pleasure to tell them both the Asian style food was so thoroughly enjoyed.

Once again, thank you for your great review. It would be an honor to welcome you back to Cork City

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been staying in the Clarion Hotel for several years now when I visit Cork city where I have lived most of my life. You can not get a better hotel to stay that ticks all the boxes.

If you really want to experience amazing stay, try and book an apartment on the top floor. It is self catering and is beautifully furnished with a private balcony.

You can experience a totally unmissable view of the whole of Cork city from the balcony or a room with a balcony on floors below.

The breakfast is delicious and you should book with breakfast included.

The hotel is situated so close to shopping centre, bars, cafe and the great nightlife on Oliver Plunkett Street which is only 2 minutes walk away.

I highly recommend this great 5 star hotel which is great value.

Room Tip: When checking in try be nice and request the reception for a room with a balcony. The receptionists...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Cafedelmar40

Thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel during your recent visit to Cork and for spending time to write a wonderful and detailed review of our hotel.

Its only a delight to hear from a returning guest. From beginning to end it was a delight to read your review. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of our hotel. I am especially glad to hear that you enjoy the views of Cork City. I am sure the entire team will be thrilled to know that they made such a wonderful impression over the years

Once again, thank you Cafedelmar40 for the highest if recommendations to all future guests reading these reviews and we hope its not too long before welcoming you back to Cork in the near future

Borrisokane, Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

As part of a 16 strong hen party, we were welcomed by friendly staff at the Clarion hotel, the rooms were warm, clean and well decorated. The Kudos bar and restaurant is a lovely space to spend a quiet evening, the food is so delicious and plenty of it. We spent a day in the hotel spa and leisure centre, was relaxing and lovely. The Hotel is in a great location, just 5 minutes walk to the vibrant city centre and shopping area. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who was looking for a place to stay in Cork city.

Dear Mary C

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences of your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Cork

I am over joyed to read that you enjoyed every aspect of the stay. Thank you for your wonderful description regards the hotel team, the guest bedrooms and the hotel dining options. I look forward to reading your kind review to the entire team.

We are also delighted that you had the opportunity to spend the day enjoying our Essence Spa, I sure for some for well deserved relaxation and pampering time.

Your description of Cork City as 'vibrant' is perfect. The activity of Cork's artists, musicians, writers and players is evident on our streets, local galleries and on the stages of theaters, pubs and of course the up coming Live at the Marquee. It's great that you and your group enjoyed the atmosphere

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, maybe for one of the may up coming festivals or events in Cork City

Thurles, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'm after returning from this hotel after having my stag party in Cork city. 40 of us stayed in the Clarion. From been on stag's in the past you don't normally get great service/treatment because your already pre-labelled before you even get to the hotel! But not in this case it was different from the outset, First up we dealt with Ann Marie who looked after the booking and there was never any problem to make contact with her either via email or by phone. She offered us a great package. We arrived around 4:30pm and the lobby was already busy, they opened a spare for our booking and within 15mins eveyone was in their rooms. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We arrived down to the bar around 5:15pm and there was already a good buzz around, the hotel had a meal arrnged for us for 6:30 and again there were no delays even though we were a large booking. Some of the group only arrived half way during the meal and there was no problem with them ordering food or getting seated. At this stage the restaurant & bar was very busy and you could tell that there was people even coming in off the street to eat at this amazing hotel.(Rarely see that) The food was unbelievable and very high standard and this was the feedback I was hearing from all the tables. As soon as we were up from the tables I asked the best man to arrange travel/taxi's for 40 lads through reception and again within 10/15 the whole group were sitting on Washington Street enjoying a nice pint. Next morning... We had a lovely breakfast and again some of the group were slow to get up but the restaurant still catered for them whatever way they could. We then asked could we leave all our bags into the luggage room while we ventured around the corner for a pint until the bus arrived, again no problem and some of the group were given bottled water on the way out of the luggage room on what was a warm day.
...I have stayed in 5* hotels in the past and this would have been well up there and above some of these hotels mainly because of the quality of the service, efficiency in what the do, their hassle free approach, quality of food/bar service, rooms and everything else you could possibly want from a hotel..... if your going to cork for either a romantic break, a stag or hen of a family outing make sure and book the clarion because you'l find yourself writing a similar review to this when you get home. Thanks for 1 in a lifetime memorable experience!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Church69

It gives me great delight to read your fantastic comments. Thank you very much for your marvellous praise and we are overjoyed that we were able to create a 'memorable experience' for you and the entire group. All our staff pride themselves on their ability to provide a friendly service and I am happy to hear that you found everyone your encountered accommodating and efficient, I will certainly pass on your kind praise to Anne Marie

It is immensely gratifying to know the stay was enjoyed from start to finish, and I am certain that our chefs especially are thrilled to know how much you enjoyed both your evening meal and breakfast with us.

Once again, thank you Church69 for the highest if recommendations to all future guests reading these reviews and we hope to welcome you back to Cork in the near future - perhaps next time for a relaxing spa package!

Darragh Brady

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!