“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Galway, Ireland
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was given a fantastic room. Room 539. Lots of nice touches here and there like chocolates in the room, a freestanding bath with loads of space in the bathroom. Very pleasant housekeeping staff! However please don't knock and wake me up at 9am on a Saturday. This did annoy me a little. Bar that little complaint, top class all around. Will definitely be staying here again. Oh.... And the food & service in the restaurant is the best I've ever had in Cork. Better than many 5 star hotels I've been in.

Stayed April 2014
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Frank O

Thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel during your recent visit to Cork and for spending time to write a wonderful review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your experience with us. It is most gratifying to know that you were very impressed with your bedroom. Thank you for your very kind comments on our hotel, and indeed our housekeeping staff. We are lucky to have a very hardworking and dedicated team. My sincerest apologises for the early room knock, this has been already followed up with the housekeeping manager to ensure it doesn't reoccur.

I'd also like to thank you for your feedback on Oyster's restaurant, we are privileged to have the only dedicated fine-dine seafood restaurant in Cork. I will be sure to inform Donald and his head chef Alex, they will be thrilled to hear what a great impression they made and how that impacted on your impression of the Clarion Hotel.

It would be an honour to welcome you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Darragh Brady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here for the Jazz weekend last year. Very convenient hotel. In close proximity to the city center. Room was ideal. Lively bar. Parking available for car. Lovely swimming pool and leisure center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarah86ha

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Clarion Hotel during your visit to Cork and for spending time to write a great review on our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Cork Jazz Festival. I'd like to thank you for your wonderful compliments on our Kudos Bar, the bedroom and our leisure facilities – our team will be most happy to read such a great review.

I hope to welcome you back for the next Jazz Festival October 2014

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here for my hen weekend. Great choice by my bridesmaid! The hotel is superbly located. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. Our room was very spacious and decor very modern and clean. Overall would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if i was in Cork.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Regina S

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review from your recent stay with us

I am absolutely thrilled to know that you and your group enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you for your generous comments about our team, they are truly a great asset to the hotel.

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel and your bedroom to your satisfaction.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to the Cork, hopefully in the not too distant future. Be sure to check our website for upcoming special offers

Warmest Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had my hen party in the penthouse on saturday 29th of march and i have to say WOW!! There was a group of 36 of us with 22 staying in the hotel, we started with a cocktail class which i must say, our group was probably too large for but the staff did their utmost to keep us entertained! Cocktails wers fab & plentiful!! We were then served up buffet style mains & desert which were delicious and there was plenty of to go around, the female host (didnt catch her name) looked after the bar and was so friendly, nothing was too much to ask of her lovely lovey girl. Staff blended in so well and really looked after us! We were able to plug an i pod in which connected to their sound system which allowed our own music to play out, our party started at 6ish and finished up at 11.30 where we hit a local night club for some dancing, my bridesmaid and i chose to stay in the penthouse that night, all of our guests were accomodated on the same floor at the top of the hotel so all in close proximity and as not to cause disturbance to other guests. It worked out perfectly and i would highly reccomend this for something different for anyone considering a party here. Top class!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Fiona S

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to write a wonderful detailed review our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read your review. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that the standard of customer service which you received has left such a wonderful lasting impression. It always brings me great pleasure to hear that our team have given such a memorable experience to our guests, so naturally I am thrilled to hear that Tara, in particular, exceeded your expectations and went above and beyond for you and your group. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments on to her, which I know she will be just as pleased as me to hear.

I wish you and your husband to be a wonderful wedding day and I would only be too delighted to welcome you both to the hotel

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for a family reunion, dinner was good rooms nice and the location is good at Lapps quay as there is a variety of pubs etc near but. Breakfast was ok but food could be hotter. Good value and we will return in the future

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Blarney21

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor

It's a delight to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your family reunion with us in the Clarion Hotel. Thank you very much for your very kind words about our guest bedrooms, dinner and the central location of the hotel. I do apologise about the breakfast, our head chef Tommy and his team have since been monitoring the temperature of the hot buffet breakfast to ensure this doesn't reoccur.

It would be a pleasure of ours to welcome you back to Cork City in the near future. Be sure to check our website for upcoming special offers

Sonia Cribbin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We are just back from my sisters hen weekend in the clarion we had a brilliant time the hotel was fab perfect location! The staff were so friendly and helpful! The room was fab we were upgraded as my sister was the hen it was such a treat great value for money!the rooms were so clean and comfortable! The breakfast was gorgeous too! We would definitely recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed March 2014
Clarion C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Busylizzy82

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us at the Clarion Hotel Cork and also for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor

It was a pleasure to read through your review. It gives me great pleasure to know that you all enjoyed your recent visit to us and that you especially mentioned our team. I shall be sure to relate your kind comments back to everyone. I do hope we helped to make it a memorable weekend for you all; we thoroughly enjoy ensuring that any guest visiting us on an occasion is made to feel special

I very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future

Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We are just back from 2 nights in The Clarion Hotel Cork and I would highly recommend it! There were 22 of us in the group and the hotel location, staff, amenities, room comfort and food made the weekend even more enjoyable! Special mention to Claire on reception as she went out of her way to help when one of the group left something behind and only realised after she had departed. This is a hotel which offers it all.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Orla_11

I would like to thank you and your group very much for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor

I am absolutely delighted to know that you all enjoyed your weekend with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel and our facilities, especially our staff. Claire is one of our new team members and it will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words to her.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cork City in the near future. Be sure to check our hotel website for upcoming special offers.

General Manger

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!