“Clarion Hotel Cork - Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Food & Beverage Credit
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Drogheda, Ireland
“Clarion Hotel Cork - Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Clarion Hotel, Lapps Quay Cork from 24th to 26th January for a combined business & pleasure visit. Great location overlooking the River Lee, and close to the city centre. It has an underground car park, (reasonably priced for residents!) and is within 10 minutes walking distance of the main shopping areas in the city centre. Why is this hotel so good. Simple. Excellent quality of rooms, excellent reataurants (2) Bar, Spa & Gym, and excellent standards all round. What makes this hotel such a winner is the high standards that are achieved throughout, with the quality of the staff - in all areas of the hotel - being the outstanding part of this. Every member of staff that I engaged with from check in, to room service, to Bar, Restaurant, and in particular, the hardworking waiters/waitressses and Chef and his staff in Kudos Bar/Restaurant - were Excellent. The quality of the food in the Kudos Bar is outstanding. And my wife can testify to a brilliant standard in the Spa & Gym. Staff here were simply brilliant! Whatever formula the Clarion in Cork is working to is exceptional. Keep up the good work and congratulations on the quality of service and food you deliver. Not surprising therefore that the Hotel was full on the weekend in question. I know where I'll be staying next time I'm in Cork.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear PatMMornington,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very kind 5 star review and for sharing your great experience with us. It means so much to all the team reading the reviews and I’m delighted that you found everyone so engaging.

Thank you once again for your fantastic comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Callan, Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, a great location perfect for shopping. Checkin and checkout was very efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. The bar staff were pleasant. Had lunch in the restaurant which was average. Hotel very reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Paula M,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your great review about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, in which I will personally ensure you have another great stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have stayed here several times since it opened, bit it is now a bit frayed at the edges. However it is of course still a very modern hotel, and very nice inside. The weather was foul so we decided to stay in for the evening, and the food in the bar was surprisingly good. It was Asian inspired, lots of low calorie options.
We asked for a room not overlooking the atrium, as they can be noisy, and got one overlooking a narrow side street, with an office block fifty yards from our noses.
But as it was a Friday after business hours that was not a problem.
We have never had a room looking out over the river, that would be nice I think.
The breakfast is very good, and reasonably priced.
The parking is not free, it was not expensive but they are rigid when it comed to your being gone by check out time, noon. So if you want to hang around Cork for a few hours after you check out, you have to find a public parking spot, with your luggage well hidden in case of theft.
Finally, the real drawback was the condition of the bathroom, there was quite a bit of grouting missing on the floor, and a few hairs lying around!! Not great at all.
But I would stay here again, if only for the fact that you are in the heart of the city, and close to all the attractions and shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river, or at any rate not overlooking the atrium.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 2happycampers2,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal in Kudos and your overall stay with us. I was disappointed to hear about the condition of the bathroom, but I can assure you that I have already taken action on this issue. If you would care to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me via email guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Utrecht
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for two night in this hotel, checkin and checkout were swift. They are definitely a chain level hotel with hospitality trained personnel, that tries to maintain the customer service at professional niveau; but -contrary to the whole rest of this amazing-people country- you will barely a smile among their personnel. The breakfast is good in a trendy atmosphere just like the rest of the hotel, but I felt like being led to my seat in a bus under reservation seats. No smiles there whatsoever. Just "good morning, please sit here, tea or coffee?".. I do not know how to place you in the sensation, it was like dealing with people made of nice plastic. No character, absolutely no personal touch, the right hotel-employee greeting and phrases but no beyond that. I have to say that when I lost my key, they just gave me another in no time. Yeah, they are professional and do what they have to, but its kind of... that's it.

I came to Cork for work and needed an adaptor for working at the room, never imagined that in a hotel of this level I wouldnt find what necessary for working there. There was nor ONE adaptor for electricity in the whole hotel!!! I had to travel to the river lee hotel in taxi, in the middle of the night, and turn back, to get an adaptor from their staff because a colleague that was staying there gt them to make an exception and borrow me the adaptor... unbelievable.Nobody could believe I didnt find an adaptor in my hotel. What a loss of class... When I needed a taxi, they were also slow getting me one. Note: I dont mean the taxi was late arriving, I mean that they really took their time in actually taking the phone and calling the taxi.. some 10 minutes between my request and their calling the taxi.

The (instant) coffee facilities and toiletries were as middle class as in a 3 start hotel. The bed and bathroom were spotless and the bed worldclass quality, but hard. In any case, everything worked well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dariel,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found all the staff and our services at a high standard and a professional level. However, I was disappointed to hear that you felt our staff lacked in interaction and friendliness with the guests. Customer care is a very high priority to us and I can assure you this is an issue I will be addressing immediately. If you would care to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me via email guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

I truly value your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future.

Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My children (ages 12 & 15) and I stayed for a night on Friday, November 30, 2012. This was one of our splurge hotels during a 3 week tour of the UK & Ireland, and it was a lovely treat. Everything was seamless from check-in to check-out. The front desk staff were all very helpful and extremely pleasant. Our room was spacious and very clean, with all the amenities. We did grab a quick bite in Kudos upon our arrival, which served as a late lunch (we had traveled from Dublin). We chose to have dinner in the city, as we were only in Cork for the evening and we wanted to have a look around. What a beautiful city! It was all dressed up for Christmas and very busy with shoppers and visitors. I look forward to returning one day for a longer visit. My only comment on the hotel would pertain to the pool...this is not really a child-friendly pool. It is part of the gym-spa downstairs and seems to be designed more for swimming laps.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear GG296,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review - we really appreciate it and I know that my team read all the reviews too and they will be delighted to read yours, especially the Front Desk Staff & Kudos staff.

If sounds like you really had a great time exploring Cork during your stay. Cork really is such a beautiful city, there is something for everyone to do and see.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in which I will ensure you will have another great stay. Also, we would love for you to join us on Facebook to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

Warmest regards,

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We recently stayed here for 4 nights (it was our 2nd stay at this hotel). Extremely helpful on arrival, and we were given a nice room with a balcony. Hubby is from Cork, and I lived there for several years, so no need for maps etc, but it is nice that they are offered. I used the fitness facilities, and the staff there were also really helpful and pleasant. Had a spa treatment, which was on special offer, and was great value and nice and relaxing. Breakfast is fine for the price. They were offering tasters from their Asian menu as we were leaving in the evening, food is OK, but you are within walking distance of some really good restaurants (I wouldn't recommend the resto next door.)

Dear LAOH75,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review and for your very kind words, its especially great getting such good reviews from someone that knows Cork well.

I’m delighted you got time to get a relaxing treatment in our Essence Spa, it’s always nice to take time out for yourself. Customer service is a high priority with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you both back again soon to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you both have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on New Years Eve. The hotel was very busy, but I couldn't fault it. Rooms are nice, spacious and clean. We didn't dine at the hotel though as they were only offering a set menu and it didn't suit the entire party. We did have a few drinks at the bar though, staff were fast and efficient. The next day we woke up pretty late, breakfast was over but the staff still managed to have breakfast sent to the room. Then upon check out we were offered bottles of water which I though was a really nice touch as we did over indulge the night before. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Mazzyward,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your brilliant review about our hotel.

I am delighted to see that you and your party had such a fantastic time during your recent stay with us in the Clarion Hotel Cork and I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, in which I will personally ensure that you will have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, and can enter our competitions.

Warmest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!