“Four star hotel with five star service!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lapps Quay, Cork, Ireland (Centre)   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Doha, Qatar
“Four star hotel with five star service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Yet again I had a wonderful stay at the Clarion. Handy location, only about four blocks from Patrick Street, great service from friendly staff, comfortable beds and really good breakfast. Also ate at the delicious Kudos and had drinks after hours in the buzzing Kudos bar. What made it extra special this time was the warm welcome from Valerie (Customer Relations Manager) who had a lovely birthday surprise for us in the room on our arrival. What a way to start our night out! I have to comment on how smart and cool the waiting staff were in the restaurants in their lovely suits (no shabby white shirts and black trousers here), and the nice fresh smell in the restaurant at breakfast even though it was packed to capacity. These are the touches that make it more like a five star than a four star. Also we were given bottles of water on our departure and allowed to leave our car in the car park while we went shopping at no extra cost. Thank you Valerie and the lovely receptionist who checked us in and who facilitated our sleeping requirements before we arrived. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear SMCR,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review, it is always very rewarding getting such great feedback. It was my pleasure having you and your friends staying at the hotel. I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. It sounds like you all had a very enjoyable weekend overall, which is great to hear.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Clarion Hotel Cork soon at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Warmest regards

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there last night with 2 friends. I was very impressed from the get go. The hotel is beautiful, the food in kudos bar was gorgeous. We had the Thai mixed platter...yum! Valerie, the customer relations officer was so attentive. We mentioned that it was my friends birthday and when we got to our room there was a complimentary bottle of prosseco on ice waiting for us with a personalised note! Wow!
The room was modern and well decorated and the beds were really comfy.
The breakfast was first class. On leaving Valerie gave each of us a bottle of chilled mineral water.
The carpark was under the hotel...so handy and the hotel kept our luggage while we went to the shops.
It is a busy city centre hotel but it managed to make us feel very welcome and we felt we got 5 star treatment. All of the staff were friendly, courteous and professional, especially valerie.
Will definitely stay here again and will tell all my friends!,

Stayed November 2012
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valerie C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and on behalf of myself it was a pleasure having you and your friends stay at the Clarion, you were all fantastic.

I am delighted to hear you both had such a brilliant time and that the hotel exceeded all of your expectations. I have already passed all your great comments back to all the staff, who were thrilled to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A group of us spent last weekend in the Clarion Hotel, Cork for a friends Hen. Anne Marie in reservations was so helpful in organising our group booking and the use of a conference room. From check-in right through the weekend everything went smoothly and the staff couldn't have done enough for us, so friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean. We had a great stay and our weekend in Cork was a great success thanks to the staff of the Clarion.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private balcony...a nice touch!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear LaLidz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our hotel.

It is fantastic to hear that you all had such a wonderful time and that all our staff were so welcoming to you. I have passed all your compliments back to all our staff, especially Anne Marie, who was delighted to receive.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for a number of years as it is ideally situated in the cenre of Cork and 300yds from my Irish Office.
Due to flight times from the United Kingdom, I normally arrive late at the hotel but always find the reception staff very friendly and helpful. A nice touch from them recently has been that they address me with my name before I say who I am. Makes you feel welcome.
Also making hotel reservations is easy with prompt responses and all staff, no matter what their role is within the business, go about their duties with a smile on their faces.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the river are better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brian S,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and I am delighted to hear that we excel on every visit. It is regular guests like yourself that make our job enjoyable, building great relationships is very important to us, making it your home from home. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff, who where thrilled to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork during your next visit at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Cork Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We planned our wedding in a few short months and every member of staff but especially Katie, the events planner, were exceptional. We had a lovely intimate and simple civil ceremony in the Pent house suite on what was the sunniest day in August 2012. In the lead up to the ceremony each request no matter how trivial was dealt with efficiently. My daughter and I stayed in the hotel on the night before the wedding and we were made feel so special. On the day, the room was beautifully decorated and the ceremony, surrounded by our family and friends looking down on the river and the City Hall, was just perfect. We had a barbecue on the deck on the 6th floor and as the sun was setting and the candles were lit it could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much to all at the Clarion. We had the most amazing day!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is ideally located in cork city centre and is my first choice when I'm there. It is a great place for meetings, free wifi and good bar food. However it can vary in room rate depending on the day you book. Fabulous staff!

Room Tip: Rooms in the centre of the hotel are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear michadaly,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your brilliant review about our hotel. It is very rewarding for us to hear guests saying it will be their first choice of hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, in which I will personally ensure that you will have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here, with my wife and child, at the end of September 2012. Not the fanciest hotel in the world but, the staff were outstanding, at all times. They simply could not do enough and dealt with any, and all, requests and enquiries quickly and professionally. A fantastically friendly service which is rare in even the finest hotels these days. For this alone I will definitely go back.
Apart from that, the bar is vibey and has a bit of atmosphere - again, rare for a hotel. The rooms (we stayed in three different ones - see what I mean about requests!) were clean spacious and well-equipped.
Overall, a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Cork, thanks to the Clarion and their incredible staff.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the Lee have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Irwin1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our hotel and it was our pleasure of having you stay.

It is fantastic to hear that you had such a wonderful time, especially at Kudos. I am delighted to hear that you found all our staff was so welcoming, helpful, and engaging. I’m delighted that the hotel exceeded your expectations. I have passed all your compliments back to all our staff, who were delighted to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!