“Wedding in the penthouse” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Food & Beverage Credit
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Cork
Cork Ireland
“Wedding in the penthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We planned our wedding in a few short months and every member of staff but especially Katie, the events planner, were exceptional. We had a lovely intimate and simple civil ceremony in the Pent house suite on what was the sunniest day in August 2012. In the lead up to the ceremony each request no matter how trivial was dealt with efficiently. My daughter and I stayed in the hotel on the night before the wedding and we were made feel so special. On the day, the room was beautifully decorated and the ceremony, surrounded by our family and friends looking down on the river and the City Hall, was just perfect. We had a barbecue on the deck on the 6th floor and as the sun was setting and the candles were lit it could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much to all at the Clarion. We had the most amazing day!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1,280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is ideally located in cork city centre and is my first choice when I'm there. It is a great place for meetings, free wifi and good bar food. However it can vary in room rate depending on the day you book. Fabulous staff!

Room Tip: Rooms in the centre of the hotel are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear michadaly,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your brilliant review about our hotel. It is very rewarding for us to hear guests saying it will be their first choice of hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, in which I will personally ensure that you will have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here, with my wife and child, at the end of September 2012. Not the fanciest hotel in the world but, the staff were outstanding, at all times. They simply could not do enough and dealt with any, and all, requests and enquiries quickly and professionally. A fantastically friendly service which is rare in even the finest hotels these days. For this alone I will definitely go back.
Apart from that, the bar is vibey and has a bit of atmosphere - again, rare for a hotel. The rooms (we stayed in three different ones - see what I mean about requests!) were clean spacious and well-equipped.
Overall, a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Cork, thanks to the Clarion and their incredible staff.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the Lee have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Irwin1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our hotel and it was our pleasure of having you stay.

It is fantastic to hear that you had such a wonderful time, especially at Kudos. I am delighted to hear that you found all our staff was so welcoming, helpful, and engaging. I’m delighted that the hotel exceeded your expectations. I have passed all your compliments back to all our staff, who were delighted to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked to stay here for the cork jazz festival. It's my third time to stay here and I like it because of the location. Poor food selection however but fantastic staff. The car park is difficult to fine due to a lack of signage.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed away from the area that over looks the restaurant ... So noisy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lennonpa,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your great review about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you find our hotel very enjoyable and the staff so welcoming during each return visit.

Sounds like you really enjoyed the Jazz, which is great. This is a great event for everyone, especially for Cork in general.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future, in which I will personally ensure it will be another fantastic stay.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have just returned from Staying at the clarion hotel with 14 of my friends for my hen weekend. I had to write a review on here as we absolutely loved it. As we arrived Valerie the guest relations manager greeted us with a warm lovely welcome and said if we needed absolutely anything at all it would be her pleasure to sort it for us, very easy check in then went up to our room...which we were very impressed with. There were chocolates on our pillow, fruit kebabs, robes and slippers for our comfort. we ordered a lot of room service during our stay and it was with us within ten minutes each time. very spacious clean rooms with all the amenities you could want. location is great, just a short walk from shops restaurants bars etc...and a very tasty restaurant next door called the boardwalk grill with very friendly staff. As we checked out the reception staff gave us a bottle of water each which i thought was a nice touch. my friends also checked out the spa and they said it was amazing and the beauty treatments were lovely. They also let us keep our rooms on until 2pm with no extra charge. Cannot fault this hotel....the only thing I would say is to stock up more on rose wine next time we come as there was not enough for us geordie girls!! Thanks again to a fab hotel.

Room Tip: we had a room which overlooked the river which was nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Suzanne s,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and on behalf of myself it was a pleasure having you all stay at the Clarion, you were all fantastic.

I am delighted to hear you all had such a brilliant time and that the hotel exceeded all of your expectations. I have already passed all your great comments back to all the staff, who were thrilled to receive. Also, I am grateful for all your feedback as without our guest feedback we wouldn’t be able to maintain the high standard that we have achieved.

I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Kenmare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in August for my sister-in-laws hen party and could not fault one thing about the place. The rooms were specious and comfortable and most overlooked the river with a balcony which was great for relaxing before the busy night ahead. We were on a Dinner package and could not say a bad word about the food or service and the price was unbeatable also.
The staff and service was outstanding and the location was great and will definitely be recommending it in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sile R,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I was delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to the Clarion Hotel Cork. It sounds like you all had a very enjoyable weekend overall, which is great to hear.

I have already passed on all of your great compliments back to each team member and especially the Chef. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here on a friday night in October 2012 and it was an ok hotel. Room was looking at city hall, comfy bed and turn down service. However bathroom was dirty (makeup hand prints on plain white tiles i.e. wasn't cleaned prior to our arrival sufficiently), room was noisy as bar outside kept going and finally the walk to town is dodgy at night.
Would I stay there again? Nope, much safer out to western road direction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear irishtourerireland,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Clarion Hotel Cork on Tripadvisor.

I am very disappointed to hear that your experience when staying with us was not a positive one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcoming in service which you experienced. I assure you that I have already taken action on this issue.

If you would care to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me via email guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future at which time I can show you what better service we provide.

Warmest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!