“Good choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

GREAT location, amazing staff and huge rooms with balconies! We were only in Cork for one evening, but this hotel made it a very enjoyable stay! As a travel agent, I highly recommend it.
The bed was huge and very comfy. The hotel is a little dated and could use a coat of paint but other than that it was a great experience! Cork is an awesome city with some great little pubs and sidestreets to get lost in!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room overlooking the river!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear tajetsetter,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and it sounds like you really enjoyed your stay in Cork, which is great.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, in which I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Clarion Hotel was outstanding. We travelled throughout Europe for 8 weeks and this hotel was the best experience for us. Staff were excellent, both friendly and extremely helpful. The room was fantastic,well designed and offered all the amenities you could wish for. The check-in and check-out was handled so efficiently. Staff were so helpful with directions and suggestions. We ate our evening meal at the hotel. The food was excellent and the service so very attentive. The musical entertainment in the lounge was extremely good. I used the gymnasium and swimming pool and they were outstanding facilities. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any prospective clients. The whole hotel was a very pleasant experience for us. Thank you Clarion Hotel in Cork, Ireland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful recent review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you were able to make the most of your stay which is fantastic. I have passed all your kind comments on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Where to start!!
Myself and my partner stayed in the clarion hotel for 3 nights recently, and from start to finish I couldn't fault the place! When we arrived the receptionist was so friendly and helpful, it immediately put a smile on my face!

The room itself was fab, very spacious. The bathroom was really sophisticated and nicely done.
The interior of the hotel was what really fascinated me, its a tall building with huge gold features hanging down, if you like unusual features you'll be impressed with this hotel!!

The restaurant downstairs was great, the breakfast was very tasty plenty of choice. We had an evening meal in kudos and we absolutely loved it!! The setting was dark and cosy in the evening time, and the food was great!! It had an asian twist which offered something different.
The location of the hotel is spot on, right on a main street with plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and leisure centres around. Great if you have young children!!

We really could not fault our stay, and the staff played a huge part in that. They made us feel so important and nothing was too much trouble!!
As for the cost if you look around there's plenty of websites that do deals for this hotel which is great, even without them its great value!
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone, families, couples etc.
We're looking forward to saving for another trip here very soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lovetotravel i,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay in the Clarion Hotel Cork and that you have taken the time to post your wonderful review.

I have passed all your kind comments on to the team and it is great to see that you found them friendly and engaging when dealing with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork soon, and if I can be of any assistance be sure to contact me.

Kindest Regards

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business mid week.

When we arrived, we were told that teh bar and restaurant were being refurbished and that they had a temporary bar in the lobby, but only open till 10.30pm!!. I don't mind this, but when your spending money on a good hotel, you should be informed before you arrive as I may have picked somewhere else.

Gym was very good and teh staff were excellent except at breakfast where I struggled to get any service (even a coffee). The breakfast is self serve and the the eggs looked very dry so I'd say they'd been there a good while , even at 7.30am. Quality of food at breakfast was okay but could be a lot better, particularly the hot food.

Room was nice, but teh shower was atrocious. Honestly, I would have been better throwing water from the sink on myself.

Bed was comfortable but definitely not the best I've slept in.

Based on price, quality and value for money, I'd go for Rochestown Park instead. A little out of the city, but with the money you'll save on the hotel price vs taxis, you'll still be better off.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear NP1976,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.

It is very disappointing to see that your experience when staying with us was not a positive one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcoming in service which you experienced on that occasion. It is most unusual for us to get such negative feedback and I would welcome the opportunity of discussing it in person with you.

As reviews are posted anonymously on Tripadvisor I do not have your name or contact details to use as a reference so would ask that you contact me by calling the hotel on (353) 0214224900 or email guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here on a work trip. Good location, comfy bed, nice room, great breakfast, nice dinner served in the atrium as kudos was closed, but still very tasty. Bit of a mix up with a coffee but they gave it to me on the house so dealt with very well.
Really liked the leisure facilities, nice pool, decent length for a hotel pool.
If I had a miner thing it would be the fact rooms facing in to the atrium can be loud and I struggled to sleep initially as a result, so I think if my room was outward facing it might all just have been perfect....especially if they upgraded the towels given to residents using the leisure facilities!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Dimmie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our hotel.

Your comments are most welcome to me, as it is feedback like this that allows us to operate at such a high standard, and achieve our goal of exceeding our guests’ expectations. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and it sounds like you got use of all our great facilities, which is great.

Madoc, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The service and help received from all the staff at this hotel was outstanding. The rooms were clean, front desk staff extremely helpful, location was excellent, food was of very good quality. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear 237Jo_Anne,

Kindest Regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Being a frequent business traveller I am used to staying in lovely hotels but I can quite easily say the Clarion was the best hotel I have stayed in for a long time.

My only regret is that I only stayed one night and was unable take full advantage of all the fantastic facilities on offer.

I stayed in the Penthouse suite (room 604) and it was absolutely stunning in every way, suffice to say I will be returning in the very near future.

Banks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Banks2012,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that our hotel exceeded all your expectations and that our staff made you feel so welcome. It is a great treat to get to stay in the Penthouse, and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, in which I’m sure you will get to spend more time to get to use all the facilities we have to offer.

Warmest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!