“Excellent Location, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Food & Beverage Credit
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Kentucky, United States
“Excellent Location, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Super clean hotel with a very nice staff. The rooms are large for Europe with some nice views from rooms on the south side. Kudos bar has good light food selections and a good atmosphere. They are open very late (still going at 5am this past weekend). Breakfast is very good and quick (it's a buffet). The location is terrific, a few steps from great shopping, dining, and night life along Oliver Plunkett. Parking is convenient in the garage under the hotel - once you find where it is!

Room Tip: The rooms on the south have balconies and good river views. Interior rooms have windows to the atri...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cork, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Scott

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit here in the Clarion Hotel Cork.

Thank you for your very positive feedback about our hotel, the staff, breakfast buffet, Kudos bar, and more. I will ensure to pass all of your great compliments back to our team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Checked into hotel 16 june 2012 very friendly staff and was upgraded as we had stayed at hotel on previous occasions. Had a lovely meal in the bar and was a great buzz around the hotel. The room was beautiful and staff throughout the hotel were extremely helpful. Definately will be back soon

Room Tip: River facing room with balcony
Dear Gretta,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Also, thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel. I will ensure to pass all of your great compliments back to our team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork. We very much appreciate loyal guests like yourself and we like to ensure it is recognized.

It would be my honor to welcome you back to the Clarion hotel Cork many more times again and look forward to you visiting us in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Just had a 3 night stay at this fantastic hotel. Central to everything. The reception staff were welcoming and professional. We were checked quickly as there were pleanty of staff on duty. We were up graded when I mentioned it was our anniversary. The staff in the bar were very attentive and were always chatting and helpful with ideas of what to do while in Cork. There was never a delay in being served. The leisure complex had everything you need. The breakfast was great value and had a wide variety to suit everyone. While sitting watching the euros I was offered a complmentary file and polish in the lobby, I was informed most Mondays and Tuesdays the staff from the Spa offer this service. A lovely Hotel to be spoiled in, would stay again, in fact planning our next trip.

Dear Maria,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Also, to thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel – all staff, the bar, breakfast, and more. I will ensure to pass all your kind comments onto the entire team here at the Clarion.

I’m delighted you got to avail of our complimentary nail & file polish offer; this is always a nice treat!

It would be my honor to welcome you back to the Clarion hotel Cork and look forward to you visiting us again.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

A group of nine of us just stayed this past weekend 15th June in the Clarion Hotel. A few of us had stayed there before and just like the first time, we were met with very welcoming staff at reception who could not have been more helpful. The rooms were spotless, well supplied with bathrobe, slippers and even bottled water. Breakfast was fantastic, everything on offer from many types of cereals, breads, cakes and the full irish breakfast... just excellent. I have to mention two staff members who just shone out . Mark who is in guest relations and Sharron on reception..... great assets to the Clarion Hotel. The location is also fantastic.. right in the heart of Cork, shops really close by and the train station is just 7 mins walk away.

Room Tip: There are beautiful river view rooms with balcony.. great location,
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just returned from a stay at the Clarion. The Hotel is very well located within walking distance of the city centre. From check in to check out the hotel staff were most friendly and gracious. We had a very clean and spacious room on the third floor which had great views of the harbour. We ate in the hotel's Oysters Restaurant, this was a real treat, the food was outstanding and the menu offered a great selection of local produce . The breakfast buffet was very good and offered a comprehensive selection of hot and cold food. We were also very impressed by the child friendly nature of the hotel and leisure centre. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Corner room on third floor was bright and airy with great views of harbour.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Also, thank you for your very positive feedback about our hotel, the staff, breakfast buffet, and more. I’m delighted you found the hotel so child friendly as we aim to cater for all guests. I will ensure to pass all of your great compliments back to our team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork. Furthermore, I will ensure to pass your good feedback onto Oysters restaurants.

Kerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

From start to finish we could not find fault with this exceptional hotel. Every member of staff we came in contact with went out of their way to exceed our expectations.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Clarion.
Well done to all involved.

Dear Jason

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Also, thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and that it exceeded all of your expectations. I will ensure to pass all of your great compliments back to our team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork, as hearing good feedback like this is what makes our job satisfactory.

Kindest regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked to stay on June 10th to June 12th for 2 nights (as we were going to the concert in the Marquee). I had booked in January and specifically asked for an external room but when we entered our initial room, it was an internal room (very little light & you cannot open the window) so I phoned down to Reception to complaint and within two minutes, I was informed that was Mary was coming up with keys to another room and that they hadn’t seen my request for an external room. We were shown a corner room on the fifth floor with a wrap around balcony. It was such a great room with so much space, facilities including a bath and best of all; you could go out onto the Balcony and walk around checking out the views of Cork from the rooftop.
Dinner was lovely but their wine selection isn’t great in the Kudos Restaurant and quite expensive for any decent bottles. They do have an offer of wine of the month for 20 Euro but not a grape I like so maybe they could improve their selection as it might help in wine sales. Breakfast had plenty of choice and fresh tea or coffee brought to your table.
A complimentary shuttle bus was put on to and from the Concert and we hadn’t realized that we needed to put our names down on a sheet until we went down the night of the concert (might be an idea to check when guest are checking in so they can do it straight away). We were concerned that we had left it too late but it was no problem and it was great to be taken and then taken back to the hotel after the concert especially when you are tourist in a strange city. Even better, the bar was offering free pint of Heineken once you showed your concert ticket and they also had a band playing which helped the atmosphere in the bar but it closed too early and trying to get drink from the residents bar was a hassle.
Paying for car parking at 10 euro a night is I think is something that the Hotel could re-visit as it doesn’t seem right and might put other people off from staying in the Clarion Hotel which would be a great pity.

When we were leaving, the front desk staff who were very helpful and efficient and I was very impressed to be given two bottles of cold still water for our journey home to Dublin. I loved this Hotel; I could not fault it on one thing from service to facilities and will certainly book again to stay here especially if I was going to a concert in the Marquee once I could book the same room!

Room Tip: External Rooms which have natural light & windows open for fresh air.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Siobhan

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I would also like to thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel, in particular your dinner in Kudos restaurant, the great breakfast, and the friendly staff.

I’m delighted you had a great night at the marquee and that you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle bus. I am very sorry to hear that your room was not allocated correctly for you, but I’m glad our team acted promptly to rectify the issue & that you got a very nice room that you really liked.

I will ensure to pass all your kind comments onto the entire team here at the Clarion. It would be my honor to welcome you back to the Clarion hotel Cork anytime.

Kindest regards

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!