“Italian fast food at its worst” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 440 restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Italian
Cork, Ireland
“Italian fast food at its worst”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

At Il Padrino the philosphy is "Get em in, get em fed, get em out - Oh and do your best to do the hardsell (particularly on the wine) if you have time"

When I was there, there was constant pressure on diners to "hurry up" and finish so that the next batch of suckers could be "processed"

If you want a decent Italian meal when you are in Cork, then don't even try. Best that you save your hard earned Euros and travel to Italy for an authentic Italian meal or two at half the price and double the appreciation.

Visited July 2012

80% Recommend
Cork city
“Very accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Cork city was very busy on the Saturday night of the May bank holiday weekend and all the usual restaurants that myself and my fiancée like to frequent were booked out so we went for a walk and stumbled across El Padrino, we both like Italian so said we'd give it a go. We were met at the front door by the owner and although the place was packed he was very accommodating and got us a table for two near the kitchen which was great as we got to watch food being prepared which I enjoy.

The food itself was excellent, it wouldn't be the finest Italian dining I've ever experienced but it was very tasty and great value for money. The Cuban cigar was something I had never heard of so I ordered it as my starter and thankfully it was lovely. My partner had an excellent prawn salad and for mains I had spaghetti carbonara and the lady had a pizza, both very nice. All this was washed down with a fine pinot grigio and we were amazed when the bill came, super value for money, it all came to around €60 which is a breath of fresh air compared to some other restaurant prices.

All in we'll definitely be visiting El Padrino again if we're in the mood for Italian.

• Visited May 2013