“Great for coffee and scones but wouldn't go back there for a meal at night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Douglas Tea Room

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
ireland
“Great for coffee and scones but wouldn't go back there for a meal at night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Meet up with friends here regularly for morning coffee and scones. Always enjoy it, the Tea Rooms is a beautiful sort of quaint place. Lovely chinaware and great atmosphere.
Was looking forward to going there for a meal at night and was v disappointed. I had the Ballycotton seafood pie and it was not great at all. V little fish, lots of dry mashed potatoe on top.
Maybe the reason I was so disappointed was because we had been planning to go there for a while and I felt let down.

I will continue to go there for coffee but, sadly, will not be returning for a meal at night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Cork
“Go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went to this jewel in Cork in August , the staff were very helpful and very interested in the food we had a great food and wonderful white tea with lemon which was recommended to us , please try this tea when you visit there . Very clean and the atmosphere was great the room is beautifully decorated . Well worth a visit . I know I will be going back again .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork, Ireland
“Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I ate here with my mother, I saw so many update s on Facebook I just had to go there.

I loved it so much , the food was so nice and I loved the Pesto so I had to buy some. The staff were so friendly and suggested nice teas for us and were so kind and welcoming.

They advised on what teas would be nice. We bought some to take home too, we enjoy it now every day and we will be back to get some more. The desserts were fab too, the carrot cake is to die for.

All in all its so beautiful in there, maybe more so for the girls than the lads. The variety of food it good too. Also great value for money.
Will be back soon :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cork
“Great spot for a bite of lunch or breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Strolling around East village I wandered in here for a bite of lunch and was pleasantly surprised by the lovely ambience,great choice on the menu and lovely decor and china cups. It was lovely for a bite of lunch and the breakfast menu looked good too. It was very busy and this led to a nice ambience. Staff even though very busy were very friendly. Will return to try the lovely cakes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Quaint and adorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing and informal meal at any time of the day, this is a great choice.

The lovely mismatched chairs and china and the decor really convey a vintage shop feel. The afternoon tea is a welcome sight in a Cork that almost only offers ghastly hotel afternoon teas at London prices.

Bread and baked goods are fresh and delicious, and there is no shortage of choice.

I would surely recommend the Tea Room over its sister La Lavanda next door, especially as the service couldn't be friendlier here.

Recommended for: an informal date, a catch up with friends, tea with mum/dad.

• Visited June 2013