“Gluten Free Paradise.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 440 restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Irish, Italian, Middle Eastern, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Gourmet pizzas, pastas, salads and burgers,also including traditional favourites like Irish Stew and Fish and Chips. All our food is prepared fresh on the premises and our ingredients locally sourced
“Gluten Free Paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife is a coeliac, thus choosing a restaurant can be a nightmare. But this place ticks all the boxes.

My wife had a pizza, which is a treat for a coeliac. I had the fish and chips which was outstanding. The peas with the dish had mint added, making them the nicest peas I have had ever.

The choice for coeliacs is great, with most dishes can be adapted. Although last night she did not have desert. Gluten free cheese cake was available.

Coeliacs are hard to please, but this place is a gluten free paradise.

89% Recommend
Cork
“At last!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

At last a decent place to eat in the city!!! The Irish stew is the best i've had since being in Cork and also i really love the Buffalo wings. Everything i've had has been so tasty and well presented you know it's a restaurant that takes care of the smallest detail, such as the funky posters on the wall, good music and fresh flowers on the table, teamed with a great selection of warm and very attentive staff. It's the only place worth going to if you want a guaruanteed enjoyable meal and overall dining experience! Cheers!

Cork, Ireland
“great pizza and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have pass this restaurant many times and never went in. I decide to go in and gave it a try. I was not disappointed. The restaurant is small and friendly. A great place for a quick bite with friends or by yourself. The menu has a good selection of pizzas,pasta dishes, burgers, baguettes etc. I choose the chicken wings for the starter and the chef choice pizza for the main. The chicken wings were delicious. There was lovely spicy sauce over the wings. Very nice. The waitress was really nice and she gave me a bowl of water for my hands. Next the main, i got chef choice which allowed me to choose my tops for the pizza. I choose chicken, pineapple and mushroom. The pizza was delicious. One of the best pizza's i ever had. A lovely thin base on the pizza. There was plenty of tops on the pizza. I was full after the pizza and very happy. I went up to pay and i was shock at the prize, For the starter and the pizza it came to €12.50. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. A great meal for such a prize. I'm definitely come back again.

AaronCork11, Owner at Uncle Pete's, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you Wildhounds for such a great review.
Im glad you decided to give us a chance and hope to see you again.
I'll pass on the compliments to the chefs,
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely Little Pizza Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We ate here on our last trip to Cork and loved it. The staff are really friendly. Hannah and I shared a pizza that was great. Frances had a burger which she raved about and the house white was lovely.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
AaronCork11, Owner at Uncle Pete's, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Paul. We look forward to welcoming you back again. I will pass on your compliments to the staff!,
Cork, Ireland
“Licking the plate clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant is one of my favourites in Cork. You can tell that the food is always fresh and I've yet to get something I didn't like. They have a great range for vegetarians, something that isn't always in every restaurant. Of course, the pizza is always a winner as it is their specality but the falafel is my personal weakness. The prices are so reasonable and the service is always fast and very friendly, the staff accomodate you in any way they can. There are old movie posters covering the wall giving the restaurant a really unique, quirky feel. Even though it's a small place, the atmosphere is always really relaxed. I really can't recommend this place enough, I'm literally licking my plate clean every time I go here.

• Visited March 2013
AaronCork11, Owner at Uncle Pete's, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear KOB89,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.
'Licking the plate clean' is exactly what we are aiming for! :)