“Keeps getting better and better” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Cork city
“Keeps getting better and better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's been a few months since I last ate in Oysters. I'm glad to report that it's even better then I remember! The menu has had a revamp since my last visit, I'm delighted to see prawns are now available as a main. The décor, service and ambience are still the same which is perfect as there was nothing wrong with any of them in the first place.

It's a great restaurant to visit for a romantic meal or special occasion. I love the live piano playing and the massive fish tank with lots of tropical fish. All adds up to a most enjoyable dining experience. For my starter I went for duck, prawns for the main and strawberry mille feuille for dessert. Every course was gorgeous, full of flavour and very tasty. There were many more interesting dishes available that I would have loved to try as well but I'll have to leave them until my next visit.

Myself and my fiancée had a starter, main course and dessert. This was washed down with 2 glasses of prosecco and a fine bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, it all came to roughly €130 with is good value in my opinion for top notch food and a wonderful dining experience.

It was very busy when we visited so I would highly recommend booking to avoid the disappointment of being turned away from a full house. In a nutshell Oysters is an excellent seafood restaurant and thoroughly deserves it's ranking on tripadvisor. Can't wait until my next visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cork, Ireland
“good fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

just finding my feet in cork so here goes,
i was told that for a town on a sea board that the fish offering was poor,well there might not be a whole pile of sea food options but this one was spectacular,the delicacy of the flavours brought our well by the kitchen,
i think the chablis could be better but cant detract from the main stage,ill be back.
f

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in the Clarion for a business meeting and were happily surprised by the great meal we had at the restaurant here. They were able to handle a party of 10 at relatively short notice (it was a Tuesday). We tried a white and a red wine, with a recommendation from the wait staff that was an excellent pairing to our meal. Oysters on the half shell were succulent. Several in our party ordered the special of the day, seared tuna steaks served over a really lovely risotto and asparagus. The dish was interesting and flavorful, and although the tuna was cooked more than what is merely surface-seared sushi in the US, we enjoyed it tremendously. The table split a few desserts, the coffee with a board of small dishes which included a molten chocolate soufflé served in an espresso cup, and a lovely pudding served in an eggshell that raised not a few eyebrows in happy surprise.
In addition to the excellent food, the service was wonderful, the wait staff attentive and gracious.
Understand that it is pricey, but worth it for those who can afford it.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Why call your self Oysters if you have none to serve”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We drove down from Dublin to enjoy some Cork oysters\\
Apparently you can call your self by this name but not actually have any to serve. We were extremely disappointed that not only did the restaurant allow the last 36 to be served at 7 pm but were totally out by 7;15 pm We were happy to spend the exorbitant prices but not on food we did not want. The maître d was of no help but thanks to the very helpful concierge desk Martha was able to help us. She phoned 3 restaurants and found us the Electric. It was excellent and much better than the Oysters.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northern Ireland
“The best ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food here is excellent the staff are amazing and the atmosphere wonderful The fish is beautifully served and fresh from the English market one of the best restaurants we have been to so professional so do not miss it

Visited July 2013