“Not just dinner but dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 457 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Cork, Ireland
“Not just dinner but dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Tasted some of this restaurants food at the Food Festival in Cork this year and was very impressed so we decided to try it out. It was more than a dinner, it was a "dining experience" set to the faint melody of a piano man. Excellent attentive staff, great food. We had the set menu and it did not disappoint on value or flavour, the sea food chowder is the best that I have tasted and so beautifully presented. Will defintely return for a special occasion.

• Visited September 2012

“Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I found it hard to fault this restaurant. My wife and myself ate here recently on a rare night off after just having a baby. We hummed and hawed about where to go so checked TripAdvisor. We saw Oysters as number one on the Cork list but had never even heard of it.
Now we are well aware of it ! The food was amazing, in taste and presentation. It would be no exaggeration to say they have the nicest seafood chowder I've ever had. Really. Only further advice I'd give is if you're not mad about fish (like the tv show) I wouldn't be running here. There are alternative options but it's a fish-lovers delight really. The name says a lot too, 'Oysters'. So if you like your fish, especially quality fish dishes, go here !

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Super food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Well worth a visit - you will not be disappointed ! The menu is exciting, food both attractive and tasty. However, the piano can be somewhat intrusive - careful where you sit

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Avril K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of Oysters for others to read based on your recent dining experience with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and I do hope to welcome you back to Oysters Seafood Restaurant again in the near future.

Chester , UK
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We dined at Oysters for my husbands 40th birthday last night. The food was out of this world. Scrumptious appetisers , melt in your mouth scallops and simply delicious main courses of halibut and monkfish. We were too full to have a dessert each so shared a Cafe Gourmand.... V yummy to finish off the meal. The prices of the food were very reasonable considering the produce and we were very impressed by the wine list and the ability to have a a bottle, carafe or glass on many of the wines.
Better than Fishers in Edinburgh and Nathan Outlaws in Rock. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

Dear Kayster13,

A wonderful review of Oysters Seafood Restaurant based on your recent evening with us and I thank you very much for posting your kind comments on Trip Advisor for others to read.

I am delighted that Oysters was part of ensuring your husbands birthday was a memorable experience, and I do hope the next time you are visiting Cork City, to welcome you back to Oysters once again.

Thank you once again for your kind words of encouragement.

cork
“outstanding restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

dined here last night with my wife,absolutely blown away by the quality of food,we were in a five star hotel in killarney the previous 2 nights and thought the food was great there but oysters beat it hands down.Starters of chowder and scallops mains of monkfish and brill desserts of crepe and a cheeseboard, bottle of albarino,incredible meal and very relaxing atmosphere,reasonably priced will be back,best restaurant in the city by a mile.

• Visited September 2012
Dear Sean T,

Many thanks for posting such a wonderful review of Oysters for others to read.

I am deligted that you enjoyed your evening so much with us and I do hope to welcome you back to Oysters again in the near future.

Thank you once again for your time in posting your kind words of encouragement.