“the wow factor is back in Cork” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 456 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Ireland
“the wow factor is back in Cork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

we enjoyed a truly wonderful meal in this restaurant within the Clarion hotel, every course tasted so good , you just want to back for another experience! Early dinner 35 Euro for 4 courses, the service is excellent, the ambience very calm, no rush , interesting wine list, what more could you want! Only blip was the coffee , we have had better .

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear U3,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of Oysters on TripAdvisor for others to read.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening so much, and I do hope to welcome you back to Oysters again soon.

Thank you once again for your words of encouragement and feedback.

Kind regards

Cork
“As good as it gets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

What can I say that has not been said already? I hadn't seen Trip Advisor reviews before dining here, so the whole experience was a wonderful surprise. Four of us dined here on discount vouchers, and to their credit we got grade A treatment- no holding back. Food, service, ambience, Staff, matched it's well earned No. I in Cork rating.
We spoke to, and complimented Donald on his achievement, and compared our experience as right up there with the very best. We would recommend Oysters as highly as possible. Try it soon. We'll be back.

Dear Downes8,

A fantastic review of Oysters Seafood Restaurant, and I thank you very much for your kind words of support and for posting your feedback on tripadvisor for others to read.

I do remember speaking with your table on the night you dined and receiving your feedback.

I do hope to welcome you back to Oysters in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

celebrated our 5th anniversary yesterday night at the Oysters was a great choice. We both opted for the 2 Four course dinner and were absolutely delighted. Special mention to the seafood chowder which is out of this world, and the sea bream and its excellent ratatouille & arancini.
Attentionate service, good presentation. We'll be back soon. Big thanks to the Chef (who's french btw) !

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Drmike4u,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your evening with us at Oysters so much, and I have passed your kind comments onto Alex my head chef, and yes you are correct, he is french!!! and the entire team in the kitchen.

I do very much hope to welcome you back to Oysters again soon, whereby you can get to try the Chowder once again.

Thank you for your review and feedback.

“Really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Another very good restaurant, replacing Augustine, it's really nice choice of fishes and a wonderful wine list ! Be prepared all of that is a bit expensive but so high quality

Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear AlexanderP,

Thank you for your kind words of support and for taking the time to post a review of Oysters Seafood Restaurant based on your recent dining experience with us.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Oysters soon.

Thank you once again for your review.

belfast
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

what a great suprise this restaurant is. the food was delicious and very well presented. I must say I am not into fine dining as i find it a bit pretentious but this ticked all my boxes as the portion size mached the quality and finese. The service was fantastic from the free bread and "shot" right through to paying. Donald, the owner, is a gentleman who really knows how to create an ambience. Do yourself a favour and pay this place a visit.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Benjsda,

A wonderful review of Oysters and I thank you for your time in posting it on TripAdvisor for others to read.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us so much and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thank you for your kind words of support.