“A great track, fast karts, well run, well controlled, no messing but Great Fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kartmania - Indoor Karting

Ranked #60 of 81 attractions in Cork
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Kartmania, provides you with the only opportunity in Co. Cork to experience first hand the thrills and spills of adrenaline filled real head to head indoor kart racing. Conveniently located at GB Business Park, Little Island just 5 minutes from the Jack Lynch Tunnel, at Kartmania we welcome the public, private groups both small and large, corporate events, team building programs, birthdays, new product launches, training seminars, meetings and other special occasions. With a 350m indoor track that will challenge any driver. Our Karts are not your ordinary karts. They are actual racing karts that reach top speeds of 40mph at 1” off of the ground. Doesn’t sound fast? Come experience it for yourself! After arriving at our racing facility you will get suited up, watch our driver briefing video and get ready to race. All of our karts are identical, so you can be sure that the racer’s only advantage is skill. Every lap is timed and you receive a printout of your lap times and finishing position for bragging rights. See you at the races!
Ireland
40 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having visited Kartmania with a mixed bunch of young and older guys and gals, we all had really great fun. The staff were nice, the karting track was really fast and twisty, with challenges for every level of "Karter", and for the price we paid, we all agreed it was good value. Worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Kartmania_Cork, Public Relations Manager at Kartmania - Indoor Karting, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your positive review. We are very pleased you are happy with the track and our competitive pricing and we hope to see you back this year.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
“Lots of good honest fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely staff, affordable fun experience. The kit could do with some repairs or replacement but we had a great morning's fun.

Visited September 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Dissatified with the health and safety”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took my nephews (Age 11 and 13) to Kartmania and would never bring them back there. There was not enough staff. 1 girl on reception had to do everything from take money, play safety dvd, sort out the safety gear etc. I had to make sure that the boys watched the safety dvd as the staff did not ensure that they had watched it. When the lads were going around the track after a few rounds there were older guys who were extremely careless and kept bumping off them to get around them. I thought they would never get finished as I was fearful for their health and safety and what was going to happen as i knew something would with the carry on of a group of older guys. I know it is a fun thing for lads to race around but they had no regard for the safety of the younger lads. There are rules that did not get followed and the older lads were allowed to recklessly carry on bumping the lads out of the way. Both my nephews got crashed into several times and the lads still didn't get stopped. Both of them came out hurt, one of them had a deep cut on his tongue afterwards, he had to stop as he crashed and another flew into him and he bit his tongue from the impact. The other on hurt his shoulder from being crashed into as well. The staff on the tracks had no regard for the younger lads either as they left the older guys keep breaking the rules without stopping them when the lads were being crashed into. I know it is a risk when you go karting but I would expect the track rules to be followed at least. I would not recommend Kartmania.

Visited August 2012
Cork, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Good team building day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Brought a team of teenagers here and had a great day, staff are very helpful also. Would highly recommend this activity and company.

Clonmel, Ireland
11 attraction reviews
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have enjoyed karting at a number of tracks, both in Ireland and abroad. This was my first time at Kartmania, as I had a discount deal. I went with 7 friends for a 100 lap Grand Prix.
The girl at reception was friendly and helpful, and the place was clean and well laid out, with a good choice of suits and helmets.
The problem was with the track and karts. It is one of the shortest tracks I have ever been on, and the karts seemed to have trouble getting up to speed. Because of this, the tyres took ages to warm up. It was also very difficult to overtake, as there are only 2 straights, neither of which offer many chances to get to top speed.
The marshalls were also over-the-top with regard to bumping. I'm all for getting lunatic drivers to slow down or cool off in the pits when repeatedly taking other drivers out, but we were getting warned regularly just for touching cars on corners.
For the price we paid it was ok, but I don't think we'll be booking this karting track again.

Visited April 2013