“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Scotland
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Close to centre of Cork. Ample free secure parking. Very similar to premier inn. Friendly staff. Good size room comfortable bed and good bathroom. Breakfast was very good and the staff were very friendly and efficient. Free WiFi but needed To go down to reception to get access code. Might have been easier to have the code given to us when we checked in, but still is good to have free WiFi which was reasonably fast. The only problem we found was that there was no air on in the room or in the breakfast room. It was quite warm during our stay and although we were given a fan for our room we did find it was a bit too hot. This is probably not a problem most of the year but in the height of summer did tend to spoil our stay. The other hotel we stayed at in Galway had air on and the facilities were much better generally and not that much more expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LancasterLodge, General Manager at Lancaster Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Cultureseeker_9,

Thanks for your recent review of Lancaster Lodge.

We are pleased that you thought our location so good with free parking, and that you also found the staff friendly and bedrooms and breakfast to be good too. We did have a warm spell during the summer and as you mentioned we offer guests fans if required and also our windows open out wide to give fresh air, however I am sorry that this affected your stay. Thanks for your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Lancaster Lodge in the near future,

Warm regards,

Susan Leahy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dublin,Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Lancaster lodge was clean, in a good location but I felt it missed out in the level of service you would expect for the price and also considering it is meant to be 4 stars.

The reception staff were friendly but the staff at breakfast could have been more customer focused, it felt like they didn't want to be there.

As said it is a clean modern hotel but lacks atmosphere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sunflowers123,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Lancaster Lodge.

We are pleased that you found us to be clean and modern and had a good location. I do hope that you will choose Lancaster Lodge again the next time you are in Cork.

Ljungbyhed, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The staff were service minded! The room was ok! I slept well in the bed and the breakfast was really enough. Cold and hot dishes. We really got what we asked for. I can really recommend this hotel near the centre of cork

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Corrine367,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Lancaster Lodge.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you would recommend Lancaster Lodge, and most importantly that you had a good night sleep!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Me and my two friends stayed here for 2 nights. Perfect location (10 minute walk to main shops etc) and staff were friendly and everything was clean :) lovely big windows and our room faced the river so was lovely to just sti and people watch! perfect coffee house directly opposite called depeche cafe and if you're looking for a party, havanas nightclub is 5 minute walk and is great fun! Anyone with a bad review of this place is far too fussy because I am already fussy as it is and i found nothing wrong with this place. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: if you can ask for a room facing the river out front, its lovely and there are swans :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ray d,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Lancaster Lodge.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you would recommend Lancaster Lodge, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Staines, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights here in June. It's conveniently situated & only a short walk from the city centre. Easily accessible car park. The hotel is clean and the decor quite tasteful if a little soulless - as an earlier reviewer said, more like a motel than a hotel. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. Room was a decent size and comfortable. Internet access was flaky and the log-in process was unnecessarily overcomplicated. Breakfast was disappointing - cheap jam, tinned fruit, etc. The following morning, we had a much better (and cheaper) breakfast at the English Market. That said, it's a handy hotel for a short stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
LancasterLodge, General Manager at Lancaster Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Jingle77,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your review of your stay at Lancaster Lodge.

We are delighted that you found our location convenient and that you found our premises clean and tasteful and comfortable.

Regarding the Wi-Fi access being flaky, in May we upgraded the entire building to a Bitbuzz system which promises excellent coverage and speed, I would very much appreciate if you could contact me and let me know what bedroom number you stayed in so that I can check if there is a gap in the coverage for that room and get that rectified. The login process for Bitbuzz has changed in this past month to a very brief login !

Many thanks for your feedback and again I would very much appreciate you contacting me to let me know the room number you were in so that I can ensure that future guests can enjoy the excellent Wi-Fi that is in Lancaster Lodge.

Warm Regards,

Potsdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed for four nights during the June heatwave and was initially worried about the lack of air conditioning. However the window opened very wide and I looked out over the river and had good breezes. The bed and pillows were comfortable and there were excellent restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. The breakfast was also good. I would definitely stay at the Lancaster when I visit Cork again.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out over the river have a pretty view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
LancasterLodge, General Manager at Lancaster Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Delia 25,

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay in Lancaster Lodge and we are delighted that you got such good weather during your visit to Cork and that you enjoyed your bedroom view. I will pass on to all the team that you had a great stay and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Regards,

Susan Leahy,

General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel very recently on 2 separate nights. The first night I had prepaid via a travel site, but the second time I booked and paid for a double room myself. When I arrived for the second night I was asked for my Credit Card for a Pre Authorisation payment of 126 Euros, when I queried this I was told it was to cover room service drinks etc. When I went to pay the next morning I paid for the room with a Credit Card, and asked about the Pre Authorisation payment, as we'd had no extras I thought this would be refunded, but I was told this would take 10 days to clear. I queried this, as I'd never had anything like this happen in any other Hotel, but they insisted. Back home, 2 weeks later and with no sign of the money being returned I emailed the Hotel, in all I emailed 3 times, finally I was told it wasn't up to them to refund the money I had to contact my Credit Card company which I did. The Credit Card company finally explained, that in effect the Hotel had blocked credit for 126 Euros, this was usually done by Car companies, but was now being done by some Hotels and it was to cover any damage that might have been done!
It took me 3 weeks to sort this out, and I felt the Hotel were very underhand, if they had claimed damage had been done to the room after we'd left, what redress would we have had? I would not recommend this Hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
LancasterLodge, General Manager at Lancaster Lodge, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

In relation to your recent review we would like to correct you on a number of points as we believe you have unfairly misrepresented the situation as it occurred. Firstly on your second stay with us on check in you were asked for a credit card so that we we could take a pre authorisation in the amount of your stay which was 126.00 Euro. This is standard Hotel procedure and best practice all over the world it ensures the card holder is present and allows the Hotel to verify that the funds are there to cover the guests stay. On check out the pre authorisation would be used to complete the sale in the amount of the guests stay but in your case you decided to use a different credit card which you are perfectly entitled to do to pay the 126.00 Euro for your accommodation. The amount of 126.00 on the the original card presented on check in and not used by you on check out can be held for varying periods by different guests Banks and is completely out of our control. In our e.mails to you we clearly explained how this situation had arisen and even got our own Bank to send an e.mail outlining how the preauthorisation system works for credit card holders. We at all times have made every effort to be as helpful as possible in explaining this to you and are genuinely disappointed that you posted such a factually incorrect review.

Yours Sincerely,

Susan Leahy,
General Manager.

Been to Lancaster Lodge? Share your experiences!