“An absolutely fabulous theatre!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Everyman

Everyman
15 MacCurtain Street, Cork, Ireland (Montenotte)
021 450 1673
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 199 things to do in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Everyman, Cork's beautiful Victorian theatre for the best in Irish and International drama, music, pantomime, opera and comedy.
Cork, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“An absolutely fabulous theatre!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I love going here. What a lovely intimate venue.
The shows are brilliant ... From national treasures like Tom Crean to local gems like Santa Ponsa or bust!

There is a lovely bar there as well. Ah it's brilliant at interval to go out for a pint of Murphys or a coke.

There is just 1 thing that almost ruins the place.
Actually there are about 11 things that almost ruin the place!!!
the 11 volunteers that model themselves on an elite group of SS officers. They hold their torches like American Marines hold their riffles.

Ok ok ... I'm exaggerating but not that much.
I believe these people are theatre lovers who usher and staff the theatre to get into watch plays for free. I bet they are all ex headmasters of catholic schools and have all three sons as guards.
I think you get the idea so I'm gonna end then review now . Sorry for the rant.

Visited June 2013

Dublin, Ireland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Lovely Theatre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I missed Shakespeare's Richard II in Dublin [I was away] and went to Cork to catch-up. I had never been to this venue before and decided to travel down so I booked an hotel and headed off on the train. Before going I tried to book on-line but for some reason this wouldn't work so I sent an eMail which was promptly replied to. A phone call sorted out the booking.

The Theater isn't too far from the train station - about 5 minutes walk or so and there is paid parking nearby too. On the street there are pubs and restaurants and a few hotels too although mine was a little way off.

The Theater seemed to be in use during the day for a wedding as I passed by.

The seats are comfortable and I had booked an end of row, not knowing what to expect as I'm rather tall. But I needn't have worried, there was plenty leg room. The decoration of the interior is splendid. As a previous reviewer has said "step back in time". Anyone interested in theater architecture should visit this place. I cannot comment on the stage, mechanics or back-stage areas, but I'm sure these too are worth a visit for those whose interests lie in stage management, direction and production.

The play was good and most enjoyable and it is a rarity to have one of the Bard's historical plays performed in Ireland, but I'll leave that review to a more suitable forum.

Visited May 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Red riding hood at the everyman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family went to the everyman.The parking was ok. Then we went inside. It was packed so go early. The seats were comfortable but the seats should have cup holders like the cinema. The panto was good.

Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lovely old-world theatre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Absolutely love this Victorian (I think) style theatre. Look up at the ceiling and look around. Not as big as the Gaeity or Olympia (same era) in Dublin, but still a "step back in time" kinda place. By the way, the staff are friendly.

Visited October 2012
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful Theatre - Great Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Watched a superb double bill here as part of the Cork Jazz festival. Unfortunately the start time was delayed due to flight problems but the audience were kept well informed by the theatre staff. I had reserved tickets months before - box office staff very helpful. Genuinely interested in how the festival was going.
My second trip to this theatre. Fantastic acoustics, stunning building, not a bad seat in the house.

Visited October 2012