“Very handy if catching an early flight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport

You added Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cork Airport, Kinsale Road, Cork, Ireland (Formerly Radisson Blu Hotel, Cork Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Limerick, Ireland
“Very handy if catching an early flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Parking outside the door, 24 hour reception and less than a 5 minute walk to the departure terminal. A nice room. Arrived late and left early. Had breakfast in the restaurant right at airport security.
Being an airport hotel it is obviously a couple of miles of out the city and not a good choice unless you have a reason to be near the airport.

Room Tip: Good value parking if stay one night and take parking for a week.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Tom,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you found our hotel convenient for the airport and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Louise O'Hara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed one night prior to early morning flight. Bedroom was large and fairly comfortable.Rooms quiet with no real aircraft noise. Free shuttle to terminal, or one could easily walk if not too much luggage. Staff pleasant and welcoming. Restaurant temperature was uncomfortably cold, and I ordered the fish and chips which was not good left most of it. Fish was tasteless, horrible batter and frozen chips.
Put me off having breakfast there.
Have stayed here in the past, and would probably stay here again just for the convenience to airport. Would give the restaurant a miss next time though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you found our staff members to be pleasant and welcoming.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal and I will be discussing this with our Head Chef.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My partner and I stayed here on 2 separate nights recently. We payed 92 Euro per night for a comfortable double en suite. We were collected and taken to airport, which is very adjacent to the hotel. The accommodation was great and met all of our needs. The staff were warm, engaged and obliging. A particular mention for Terry who was ever present and ever helpful in our experience. He made it a really personal experience . We had problems with a bath plug, which he fixed immediately and needed more tea making items, which he also fixed immediately.The only downside was that the dinner food was not that great. It was adequate if you just wanted to eat, but not anything like a fine dining experience. This would not put us off from staying there again, however. The breakfasts were good and eggs could be cooked individually the way you liked.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found Terry to be helpful.

well travelled
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Located facing Cork airport Arrivals/Departures the hotel is ideally placed with a 24 hour shuttle service. The small number of staff seemed to multi-task but were all very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was big, comfortable and quite. The restaurant did not appear to have any heating and felt cold during our meal. The food was just OK. Great for a one nighter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you found our hotel convenient for the airport and that you found our staff members to be friendly and helpful.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights early in December. I chose the hotel for proximity to the airport as I was not familiar with the city and wanted to be sure that I would catch my outward flight. The hotel is a five minute amble from the airport. There are steps (not steep) so anyone needing assistance walking or with lots of baggage would still need to catch the free hotel shuttle bus. There is a phone in the arrivals hall to call for the bus or just go to the information desk and they will call the hotel for you.
I arrived much earlier than the 2pm check-in time so was expecting a long wait, but the lady on reception asked the room cleaning staff to sort out a room for me even though they were under pressure as the hotel had been full the previous night. I waited approx 40 mins and my room was ready. The lady on reception was very pleasant and remained so for the duration of my stay. I ordered room service three times and was very impressed with the quality of the food and the staff who delivered it, genuinely helpful and pleasant. The cooked breakfast was excellent.
The room was adequate and spacious, good value I would say and very peaceful considering the proximity to the airport. The bed was comfortable although pillows could have been a tad bouncier. Wifi worked every time.
The downsides are the lack of atmosphere and character in the bar and communal areas but I suppose that is to be expected of a mainly commuter hotel. Also I had to use the telephone to make national and international calls and although I was expecting the cost to be hefty, it was astronomical! Don't use the phone, believe me your smart phone will be cheaper!
The cost of a taxi into the city was approx 14 euros each way. The city bus from outside the airport cost 9 euros return trip or 5 euros single trip. Metered taxis in Cork are expensive. It is approximately 2 miles into the city centre from the hotel but if you think that it would make a nice walk (like I did) then think again. It is mainly pathless highway and involves a steep hill so you either take a taxi or the city bus. I would highly recommend this hotel for a short visit to the city or overnight stay for airport access. Given its location and the lack of ambience this is not a hotel for long stay or a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Sound proofing is good but I would suggest a room at the rear would be the most peaceful.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an overall positive experience and I hope that we will have the pleasure of wecoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed last week before we went on our holiday and again on our return from our holiday, Thank you Eithne for organizing our room for us, We were very close to the airport and the shuttle bus was brilliant, they dropped us off and picked us up, had room service dinner which was beautiful, and the following morning we ordered scrambled eggs from the chef with no butter and they were perfect, your chef is very talented, thank you so much, I did request a warm room for my arrival and when I went in the heaters were on full and it was perfectly cozy, I will definitely stay again :)Merry Christmas

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

stayed here in October this year, hotel is fine and ideal for the airport - its a 2 min walk away. it's not the swankiest establishment but it does the job - just don't overpay, anything over $100 for a double room would be a rip-off, in my opinion.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your stay in October.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel convenient for the airport and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Louise O'Hara

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport? Share your experiences!